new lightning owner with mod questions

smkndsl

smkndsl
Hi I recently bought 1993 lightning #5235 and it is currently in the body shop getting repainted. I was wondering how touchy the speed density is. The truck already has underdrive pulleys,the 460 air inlet and the timing is a 15deg. I was thinking about freshing up a set of gt-40p heads that I have-mostly to eliminate the whole smog pump set up including the pump itself. I was then thinking of using 1.7 roller rockers, a set of headers, a hypertech chip and an electric cooling fan. the previous owner said that the throttle had stuck on him so I was considering a 65mm throttle body. Has anyone tried other heads and cams or 1.7 rockers?

i got a 93 to and all i had ,was 200 shot nos and had no probelm.the timeing went back to 10 deg.now igot a 393 stroker with alum. heads edelbrck.the only thing that i have aproblem is the feul pumps.

alum heads for a 1993 lightning

Ok i spent the money for mass air 385 hp kit with 30lb injectors now i want to put some big valve heads on whats the brand you guys recomend with out mods to the piston to valve clearance thanks

I just can't wait for the day when we get a new member introduction and we're told, "I just wanna restore it".

Geezuss!

I just can't wait for the day when we get a new member introduction and we're told, "I just wanna restore it".

Guess what? Im a new member, bought my truck like 4 hours ago, AND I WANNA RESTORE IT, ish!
Its a 95 with only 79XXX miles and i got it for only $4500! All Stock

I am looking for some recommendations from you pro's though. I am looking for basics, exhaust, Cold Air, Computer Tune? You guys have input for a rookie?

Guess what? Im a new member, bought my truck like 4 hours ago, AND I WANNA RESTORE IT, ish!
Its a 95 with only 79XXX miles and i got it for only $4500! All Stock

I am looking for some recommendations from you pro's though. I am looking for basics, exhaust, Cold Air, Computer Tune? You guys have input for a rookie?

Exhaust.....make your own
Cold air.....make your own
Computer tune......moates qh and someone who knows What they are doing

Exhaust: Find a good shop in your area - I just had my entire exhaust from the collectors back replaced with stock 2-1/4" pipes, Magnaflow knock-offs, and hi-flo cats for $600.

Tune: Send a PM to StruckBy - he's in the Orlando area and can point you to a good tuner.

CAI: Do a search in the Gen 1 forum - there are lots of good pics of guys who have made their own. I personally like the "madramper" style CAI - here's a good shot of one on bumperquip's truck

5984173488_7532b49f08_b.jpg

Back