New JDM Concept F-150 video!!!

Interesting vid :)

The new truck and the Saleen truck look really good. Are you suggesting a starting point of 450rwhp? With the ability to make upwards of 700 rwhp.

Pity they are so heavy......but the Gen 2's are getting old. What kind of target price for the new one? Whats the interior like?

BTW how do I get 740 hp out of my Lightning? :cool:

Interesting vid :)

The new truck and the Saleen truck look really good. Are you suggesting a starting point of 450rwhp? With the ability to make upwards of 700 rwhp.

Pity they are so heavy......but the Gen 2's are getting old. What kind of target price for the new one? Whats the interior like?

BTW how do I get 740 hp out of my Lightning? :cool:

James,

Hey buddy the saleen truck we did there (the white one) made 466 RWHP. Now we wanted to advertise it as if you were going to take it to the dyno what it would make. So when we say 700 HP we mean at the tires! Now the option for that would be a GT500 engine with a Whipple 3.4 blower on it. Similar to this one here....

Yep..JDM does 4 valve 3.4 whipple motors - F150online Forums

Brians L has made 740 so far and we have some more room to play. WE are working on a new fuel pump system. We already had to go to 83lb injectors, a 2800 mass air, and bigger fuel rails.

JimIII

I would buy it based on the looks and performance. The one question mark though, is the price. How much would one of those sell for?

BTW, I've never gotten around to visiting JDM, but i got an email tune from you guys. Thanks

I think it's cool to have a new concept truck but it is hard to deviate from the thoughts and images of the Ford concept Gen 3. With that being said, I think the hood scoop on the 3rd silver is hideous.

I would like to see interior pics as well to know the trim level of the truck. The extended cab is nice for the extra storage. It all comes down to price. Once you pass the 40k barrier you step into another realm and competing vehicles begin to gain more interest in that segment of the market. It's tough to compete with corvette and porsche performance, which both can be had for less than 50k. Once again, it all comes down to pricing. Good luck Jim.

Jim,

The white regular cab you are looking to produce is a nice looking truck. Is there anything done to the tranny to help it last with the extra power? Where does the exhaust exit? What kind of 1/4 mile times does it run?

Like CarolinaL said pricing is the big factor. I like it more than anything I've seen with the newer body style.:eek:ldtu:

Best of luck bringing this to market,
Chuck

Last edited:
i want to watch this one butt i have the same Question how much if it comes to market :headscratch: in 2003 i paid just under 30 K for my lightning a bargain for 380 Hp IMO

Jim

The Ford concept looked like this

442P1066221.jpg

But that version is close in some respects

Doug

Nice idea and the truck looks ok.

Where is the exhaust? Is it rear exit? The biggest "cool factor" on the saleen truck and the concept truck is that flush, square-tipped, side exit exhaust. Maybe I am just biased though.

Would this truck be offered in a variety of colors? If so, the option to have the steps and some trim painted black, rather than the color of the truck should be considered. While I mentioned continuity in design, breaking up the color of the truck makes a difference.

I mentioned the exhaust, and trim, but what about the heat extractor scoops on the front fender? Even if they are not functional, people like to see them.

If we compare the saleen truck and the concept truck with the white truck in the video, it looks like a lot of engineering and designing went into the first two. The white truck, to the general public, looks like an F150 that someone painted all white, swapped grilles, put some big wheels and brakes on and thats it. i guess what I am saying is, it doesnt stand out. Some people like that, others dont.

I am assuming this truck would be in the $55k-$60k range like the Saleen or Roush trucks. In that price range people dont want "just performance." Most want something that is very well balanced...look at the Corvette, M3, saleen truck, gt500. All have a good balance of styling, performance and comfort.

Hopefully you all will design something and bring it to the market. You all have a good reputation to fall back on and have some really good ideas.:thumbup:

Last edited:
my question is not for Jim but the people that is worried about price. If you paid 3?,000 for your truck new and then had a JDM built block with a 3.4 whipple and all the supporting mods how much would you have in itr to get to that 7?? horse range, what would it cost you. Now to know you are one of the very few select people to own one of the most popular ford F-150 concepts in history there is definatly a cool factor here that would also be worth a little extra cash. I would and could NOT afford it or heck even a gen 2 L to begin with I guess is why I have no bias either way I guess this is why I don't own a L of any Gen but a 83 Carb 351W truck that I built and can tune with spray and will never sell it, for it is mine I built it completely just my 2 cents

great looking truck hope you guys do bring it out in the market, we need a new body style to take out dodge,jeep, and chevy because they're taking out all kinds of new models.

Back