New Excited Member

Gerbil N7

Hello!

I'm excited to be here. Unfortunately, I do not own a Lightning but I have quite a fun idea that I'd like to do and I'm here to learn all about the trucks and their glorious motor. I have a 2007 Ford Mustang V6 that I'd like to put a lightning motor in. I don't know a whole lot about these motors but I have one sitting around and I LOVE doing unique builds and sleeper cars and the more I look into this, the more of a dream it's becoming. I hope to learn a ton here and share my progress with you guys. Any tips and tricks are MUCH appreciated as I'm sort of knew to this whole process and don't have much to start with other than the motor and car haha. Thanks in advance!

Which motor do you have?? Either one is a rare bird to have in a corner!

Welcome!

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Which motor do you have?? Either one is a rare bird to have in a corner!

Welcome!

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Sorry for the late response, I've been really busy. I'm hoping to get started on my project more this weekend! I genuinely have no idea about the motor or how to find out what it is exactly. A guy I know who fixes cars had a kid who wanted to put the lightning motor in his car but his car got repo'd so the guy got stuck with the motor and I bought it from him. I figured I'd come here for info and tips and try to get as ready as I can before I touch it. I have to get the car ready first. I need to figure out the PCM/harness situation as well so I'm hoping to get some help here. Thanks in advance!!

The GT40 Windsor or the big, blown mod motor are the only options. They're very different animals. Have a picture?

Back