New Dyno in Portland Area

ARS

My fathers shop Auto Repair Specialities in Gresham has just purchased a new dynojet and it will be setup and ready to go in about 1-2 weeks...Prices aren't finalized yet, but if you have any questions just call them at 503-667-8135 and ask for bill or marco ....Just wanted to let you guys know there is a new option in Portland for dynoing...Thanks...Oh yeah my dad also owns a 2001 white L even though we are chevy guys:)

So let me know if you guys want to do maybe a group dyno day, and I will get a price for you....I also want to check out your guys mods to see what we can do with my dads truck...

think we could get a group rate? like a 30% discount if we get 5 trucks or something in a afternoon for a couple pulls each

Cool deal, except I can't do Saturday mornings... doesn't stop the rest of you at all, just I can't make Sat. mornings.

I'm in, just don't laugh at SpoonDog's relative lack of horsepower, okay?

On Saturdays (until end of March), I don't get out of teaching class until 1pm... and then travel time, etc. Not impossible, just inconvenient.

I'm not teaching Saturday classes starting April though. Need more Woodburn/PIR time once the weather really clears up again. :)

As far as cost, I've done about 6 different group dyno days in South Florida. The average price for a group of 5 or more trucks/cars was around $50 for 3 pulls. (Dynoject 248c w/ AF etc.)

It's a piece of cake when the vehicles are exactly the same. Quick loading and unloading after the first truck is done. They should be able to do 3-4 trucks an hour if we don't do any changes on the dyno, just 3 back-to-back runs. If we want to tinker in between runs it usually ends up costing a bit more.

We'll let ARS get back to us on the pricing. I'm just thowing up my past experience here . . .

FlashSVT said:
As far as cost, I've done about 6 different group dyno days in South Florida. The average price for a group of 5 or more trucks/cars was around $50 for 3 pulls. (Dynoject 248c w/ AF etc.)

It's a piece of cake when the vehicles are exactly the same. Quick loading and unloading after the first truck is done. They should be able to do 3-4 trucks an hour if we don't do any changes on the dyno, just 3 back-to-back runs. If we want to tinker in between runs it usually ends up costing a bit more.

We'll let ARS get back to us on the pricing. I'm just thowing up my past experience here . . .

Soon as the dyno is finished getting set up, they are going to finalize the prices...The prices will be competitive with what you mentioned up there..Don't quote me but my guess is 50-60 dollars with 3 pulls on a group day. And around 75-85 for 3 pulls on a non group day and around 135 for 1 hour of tunning.....

There looking at doing dyno days on nights and sundays, they are still looking into it on saturdays because they are having a hard time getting one of the guys to come in on saturday mournings but we will see.

Just found out the dyno gets installed this wednesday...If you get 6 or more cars the rate is $55 for 3 pulls. 6 or less is $80 dollars for 3 pulls...

68 F100, I'm sure they will let you dyno after the group of Lightnings goes.

It looks like we have the following people interested:

FlashSVT
Silver-Bolt
Spoon_DogSVT
hexagon007
lightningbolt <- Eric
68 F100

I'm sure we can get a few more to add to this list . . .

another question, will we be able to connect to a wideband oxygen sensor and stuff like that during the pulls?

On a group dyno day it is up to the people setting it up who can come and what types of vechicles are going to run. If you want information on the 02 sensor you will have to call and ask, I don't know exactly what they are doing...

503-667-8135 ask for bill or marco

Back