Need you guys opinions!!

bigwill306

Just Passin Time
i found out today that my truck has been in 2 accidents.

1 it got rear ended
2 it was envolved in an accident that a roll over was recorded.

so now i dont know what to do, the people i bought it from never said anything, but i never got a car fax either so partially my fault. but this is a well known auto sales near by me. the truck is fine, i love it and enjoy it very much, i just dont know what to do now. i worried, and i could never sell it to anyone after knowing this. and my trade in value just went threw the floor. is there anything i can do? or am i stuck? i've been sick to my stomach all day.

That sucks man, but if it drives straight and you like it, drive it 'til the wheels fall off. Ive owned 2 Mustangs that were in accidents that wasnt told about, I was happy with them and I didnt care when I found out. On the other hand I dont think there is much you can do if you already own it and you dont like it anymore.

well its not that i dont like it anymore, and it does run and drive straight. i'm just worried that what these accidents will cause in the future. just not sure what i should do. my 92 camaro has a salvage title, but its just a camaro. and it only had front end damage. i have alot more invested in this truck also. i'm the type thats gonna worry about every creek and rattle now. i wish i had never found out that the truck was in any accidents. guess that i'm just pissed that i didnt research the truck or that they didnt tell me.

Will,

I wouldnt worry about it.

If the truck was truly rolled over, it would have been totaled out. You dont have a salvage title on it now, do you?

Even if you did....just keep it...drive it...enjoy it.

Will,

I wouldnt worry about it.

If the truck was truly rolled over, it would have been totaled out. You dont have a salvage title on it now, do you?

Even if you did....just keep it...drive it...enjoy it.

no its not salvaged. i do enjoy it, and gonna keep it. i'm just worried about issues it may have down the road.

no its not salvaged. i do enjoy it, and gonna keep it. i'm just worried about issues it may have down the road.

Down the road...like when/if you go to sell it? Or things falling apart from it being repaired? I wouldnt worry about either of them.

I assume you've had it for a while? How did you just find out about it?

There is NO way that it was in a rollover and doesn't have a salvaged title. Maybe there is a mistake?

If you love it, who cares, enjoy it while you have it and when it comes time for something new, deal with it then.

Fords are TOUGH! I know, Been in 3 serious car accidents with them (NONE my fault) Mustangs & Rangers have held up. Ranger was a previous total and was saved..and saved my life. So don't be scared its not safe.

Plus from what I can see its a Gorgeous Truck! Don't sweat it!

I have 2000 L that was involved in a front end accident back in 00 ( first owner not me). It had over $10,000 in damages. It was repaired by Alan Vigil Ford. It now has 127,000 miles and i have never had any issues from that wreck. Enjoy the truck man.

thanks guys, i guess it was just the intial shock, i'm over it now. i love the truck, and gonna keep on enjoying it. but i am gonna check on it some more. cause something just dosent sound right, the truck is in too good of shape to have been rolled over. and i havent had any problems with creeks or rattles, other than normal ones.

Hey Dude.. I'm not on here a bunch, I'm a good friend of Eds 01. I had a purchased new 2002 that was rear ended by a school bus when it was about 6 months old.. Did 7200.00 in damages. She was fixed good as new and I put 138,000 trouble free miles on her.. She drove straight, didn't wear out tires or have any issues at all.. If you are happy with the truck, and she looks good, pat her on the back and keep right on going,, You will be fine.. :eek:ldtu:

Back