Need some help, advice, 95 L that just shuts off while driving..

Eddierusso21

Ive been the proud problem free owner of a 95 Red L for about 6 years.
111k, All stock, no engine mods, just Bassani Y pipe and Dynomax muffler.. Truck only gets driven about 20 miles a month.
3 times in the last year it has shut off under load while driving, as if i turned the key off. Twice it restarted immediately and continued driving just fine. The last time i was going about 50 when it cut off, but wouldn't restart. It cranks and there's fuel in the rail. Needed a tow home and about 40 min later when home off the flatbed, it started fine.. Im puzzled as to what it can be. No hesitation or rough running or any indicators that there's something missing.. Runs absolutely flawlessly.. Any help would be certainly appreciated..

Eddie

Ive been the proud problem free owner of a 95 Red L for about 6 years.
111k, All stock, no engine mods, just Bassani Y pipe and Dynomax muffler.. Truck only gets driven about 20 miles a month.
3 times in the last year it has shut off under load while driving, as if i turned the key off. Twice it restarted immediately and continued driving just fine. The last time i was going about 50 when it cut off, but wouldn't restart. It cranks and there's fuel in the rail. Needed a tow home and about 40 min later when home off the flatbed, it started fine.. Im puzzled as to what it can be. No hesitation or rough running or any indicators that there's something missing.. Runs absolutely flawlessly.. Any help would be certainly appreciated..

Eddie
Check the pcm capacitors they burst and cause weird behavior. My 93 behaved like that drive fine hit a bump and it's dead. Hit another and it was fine again.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Other possible culprit is a failing ignition module - when they start to go, they get sensitive to heat - as soon as the eng compt gets hot, they die, and as soon as it cools off, they work fine until...

Other possible culprit is a failing ignition module - when they start to go, they get sensitive to heat - as soon as the eng compt gets hot, they die, and as soon as it cools off, they work fine until...
What Fred said. I have had several ignition modules fail this way on different Fords over the years. Eventually they would not restart at all. I never had a remote mount one fail though.

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

What Fred said. I have had several ignition modules fail this way on different Fords over the years. Eventually they would not restart at all. I never had a remote mount one fail though.

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk
I think quality has gone to crap. I've owned the truck 2 1/2 years so far I've killed about one per year. I just keep a spare in the glovebox now.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Back