NEED A LITTLE INPUT

B

BIG NASTY

Well I was going to sell it, But Im not going to give it away. So I am going to buy a S-trim and a mass air conversion. I want to run about 8 to 10 lbs. of boost can someone tell me how much the pulleys cost and which ones I need. And should I buy the poer surge MA conv. or the FMS conv.

Thanks,

Larry C.

1993 Lightning

Hey Big,
I don't think you have to go to MA, I have heard that someone is running 11's on the speed Density. And that in enough for me not to convert. appearently the only reason you should go to MA is if you go with a radical cam. otherwise a chip with some revised tables is the way to go. Ask Jeff S. he seems to know his stuff. and I have no clue on the pullies but I think that vortech can help you there and then you wouldn't be guessing at all. *I would suspect that they would have a help line #*
Chris

My truck made 8 lbs of boost with the 2.75" pulley, 10-11 lbs with a 2.61" ASP pulley. Just remember that boost levels are relative to other modifications and those pulleys will make a lot more boost than that on a basically stock truck.

Mass air isn't necessary if you choose your cam correctly. Harold Nix is running a blower cam similar to the one I was using but adjusted for vacuum so that it keeps the speed density setup happy.

Later!
Jeff S.

FOUND A SET OF STEEL DART SRS. WITH A STAGE 3 PORTING AND POLISHING FROM KUNTZ AND CO. I CAN PICK THEM UP CHEAP SHOULD I BUY THEM OR WOULD THEY BE TO MUCH FOR MY TRUCK.

If you can get them cheap and don't care about the lack of emissions hardware, jump on them! It's hard to have too much head with a blower.

Shaddup, Trace! I know what you're thinking... ;-)

Later!
Jeff S.

I've got Dart Seniors almost ready to bolt on my truck...they do have emissions provisions. All you need to to is drill the tiny holes in the exhaust ports for the air injection, the long air ports from front-to-back on the heads are already there. The EGR stuff is all there, too. I'd jump on them if they were cheap...

- Kevin

I CAN GET EM FOR $600.00 WITHOUT THE SPRINGS.
iS THAT A GOOD DEAL. THEY CAME OFF A 408 STROKER WITH A NASTY ROLLER CAM THEY WERE ON THE MOTOR FOR ABOUT A MONTH BEFORE HE CHANGED TO THE OLD STYLE TRICK FLOWS, WISH I COULD GET MY HANDS ON A SET OF THOSE......

Larry,

If you don't want 'em, I DO!!! I should have stated earlier "...almost ready to bolt on.....after welding!" I've had a little misfortune with my heads. In the process of moving them around, they both got damaged.....AFTER all the port work was done. It's gonna require welding on both, and since they're cast iron, I'm not sure if it's gonna be possible. If you don't want them, please email me privately and we can talk some more. $600 is a smokin' deal on them if they are fully ported heads...

Good luck.

- Kevin

Larry,

Did you ever figure anything more out on those heads? Just curious...

- Kevin

YEP, I bought em Just waiting for an excuse to put em on. Thanks for the advice guys.

Larry C.

Back