My new C6 is here!

For years I have had the road race/road course track days bug and as much fun as driving the truck was I have to tell you that I see why people thought I was crazy to track a truck. It's real cool to outrun 3/4ths of the guy's at the track driving a truck but after driving my son's Mach One on the track I realized how much better a car is on the track. Better than even the best truck. Please don't take this post wrong because if you are outrunning people at the track in your truck you are obviously a good driver but if you really love the track, get a car. Just the difference is tire and brake wear should save me a bunch of money (who am I trying to kid, I did not do this to save money.....think 19" Supercar tires at over $400.00 a pop). Sorry for the long rant but I'm very excited. Even the six speed is great. Getting in and out is so far the only problem. When your 5'11" and almost 250lbs. getting in and out of a car that is sitting on the ground is a *****. I'm getting better and it's only been 24 hours. There is a track event this weekend and I really want to go but I'm not used to the car yet and I really don't want to beat on it for the first 500 miles at least!

Sorry for the off topic rant.

Later,
Jerry

Back