My new best!

Most of the time that audible rattle is more related to timing than a:f. Lean a:f is a silent killer.

Then why would you add more fuel with the 12:1 FMU if you don’t know if it was lean?

When your using an FMU you need to monitor the fuel pressure and A/F.

I had always ran a 12:1. I did try the 10:1 previously and I didn’t notice a huge difference. I just don’t recall what it did that particular day. But since I didn’t see a lot of difference I just put the 12:1 back. I could probably get away with putting it back in but I worry about midrange not having enough fuel? It runs great now with stock 10* base timing, plugs at .030”, ignition controller on 1*, 12:1 disk, 93 octane. I figure since it runs good there’s no point in tinkering with it anymore.

Man, I wish I could figure out how to develop that mentality. I seem to be stuck with, "It's pretty close to just right, so now I need to start changing things!"

How much boost?

Max boost that I see is around 10. Maybe slightly more.
I fi did anything to try to go quicker I’d remove front tank and pull roll pan back on. I’ve contemplated putting 4:56 gears in it too since it seldom sees highway and when I do I don’t have a problem riding it out in the slow lane and keep it at 70 or so.

Man, I wish I could figure out how to develop that mentality. I seem to be stuck with, "It's pretty close to just right, so now I need to start changing things!"

I have no patience for projects anymore. I want to just use it. I’ve been taking Ella fishing and using my truck for side jobs and occasionally cars and coffee or the drag strip etc. I just don’t want it down when I need or want to use it.

I definitely hear you! I drive mine a few times a week, but I have a new fuel pump setup that I'm putting together on the bench right now. I'll be able to swap it out in an hour when it's time to change. But I still had to invent something to mess with....

Also this.... Lol

875d5d590c012047dd5e2e038c333b37.jpg

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

I definitely hear you! I drive mine a few times a week, but I have a new fuel pump setup that I'm putting together on the bench right now. I'll be able to swap it out in an hour when it's time to change. But I still had to invent something to mess with....

Also this.... Lol

875d5d590c012047dd5e2e038c333b37.jpg

What is / was that Jeff....

My daughter's Dune Racer with motor and gearbox upgrades and running on 20v Li batteries now. It'll scamper on those plastic tires.

She was laughing her head off doing donuts in it when she first drove it. Reminded me of someone here.

I tried a 10:1 fmu and didn’t notice much difference. But then the truck sat all winter. I ran a Nissan Titan on the interstate that spring and my motor rattled on long pulls. I got nervous and put the 12:1 disk back in it, put the base timing back to 10*, and Ignition controller back to 1* to 1.5* and started running 50/50 race gas. Rattle went away. I actually never had heard a motor rattle before and realized the noise was the same noise I could hear at the track so I was nervous I was pushing it too hard. So that’s why I took it out. I realize the 10:1 disk probably wasn’t causing the rattle/detonation but I just wanted to put it back to “safe settings”. I pulled plugs, borescoped it, changed my oil, etc. glad I didn’t hurt it. Could of been bad/old gas but it freaked me out. I’m not gonna try to beat up on my truck and go for max effort. I got it into the 100mph club and that made me happy. Sure I wanna go faster but for now I can’t afford to blow it up.
With the methanol injection I was able to run full to slightly advanced timing on pump gas with no rattle. One day I got curious and turned the meth off. That didnt last long. That was the first time I ever heard my truck rattle.

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

My daughter's Dune Racer with motor and gearbox upgrades and running on 20v Li batteries now. It'll scamper on those plastic tires.

She was laughing her head off doing donuts in it when she first drove it. Reminded me of someone here.

Haha love it! Got my 3 year old a 12v John deere side by side. After the first time getting stuck on grass I decided to cut up bike tires and put the tread on the rear tires. Not gonna have my boy getting stuck in the yard!

Haha love it! Got my 3 year old a 12v John deere side by side. After the first time getting stuck on grass I decided to cut up bike tires and put the tread on the rear tires. Not gonna have my boy getting stuck in the yard!

It seems like you are introducing them to your hobby at a young age.

Back