MY 4v 5.4 build thread... 56k dont ATTEMPT...

DallasGT01

ALL TALK NO WALK!!!
Well since some have requested me to post some pics of my build... here it goes.. a few parts are over at my engine builders as they didn't need to sit around here and i am trying to clean the garage up so as i came across parts that were going to be going on my truck they would go into the trunk of the maxima and end up over there..

Soo..

lets start with the basic stuff...

MY TRUCK...

here are some pics of my truck when it ran... this was around Jan 2008... :(

been down for a while due to some hicups i have had...

BTW doesnt help my YTD for 2008 is only 4k lol...

2003 F150 Harley Davidson... 21k on the odo...

DSC02222.jpg

DSC02219.jpg

DSC02215.jpg

photo-1.jpg

the motor before it blew... and all the mods... NICE TB huh...

stock.jpg

after...

4be6dbc9.jpg

774c9374.jpg

a3d61651.jpg

8558be6a.jpg

0dd5cc03.jpg

after the motor blew.. i finally got time for a notch...

018.jpg

014.jpg

024.jpg

Ran across a HELL OF A DEAL... And I bought another HD... 2000 F150...

heres a pic... it needs a motor and trans installed.. have the parts... just no time to do it... limited time with the installer so its waiting...

dcbccafc.jpg

Also.. got tired of the STOCK 20" HD wheels so i went to a set of 24" wheels...

321.jpg

325.jpg

had to smooth the inside of the fender to make sure the wheels wont touch...

now the good parts...

My 5.4 block before the machine shop... (Will be dropped off feb 9th)

DSC02940.jpg

DSC02941.jpg

DSC02942.jpg

DSC02943.jpg

DSC02944.jpg

DSC02945.jpg

DSC02946.jpg

my nice little electric water pump...

DSC02948.jpg

DSC02949.jpg

DSC02950.jpg

DSC02951.jpg

the navi intake gasket over a 2003 cobra intake gasket... Just to show the difference in the 2 intake ports...

DSC02935.jpg

my 20 over CP pistons... with a .927 wrist pin...

002.jpg

003.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

My Oliver Rods...

these took forever to get... there was a 8 week wait for them to get in line to be machined/made.. then there was another 2-3 week wait for the machine work for the .927 wrist pin.. then another 3-5 days for the rods to get to the shop...

I will be picking these up Monday.. on the way to the machine shop.. will be sure to take some pics so yall don't think i am lying about these...

the navi heads before ported

i know 1 is in the box for sure...
160.jpg

don't know if they are seen here but here is a pic of some 4v heads i have/had
157.jpg

my 5.4 2v intake (switch to 4v so its on another members truck)
I was promised my intake will be done by MID march so I HOPE it will be done...

Intake-1.jpg

my turbo cams... 2v of course (still have these)

142.jpg

I will be running 99 intake 03 exhaust or vice versa... I was going to run a set of custom turbo cams but a friend did a comparison of the turbo cams vs the 99/03 and i cant justify the 1100 price tag... not worth it IMHO... so 100 bucks for a set of cams... I will pick these up when my motor is done as they are in the same city as my machine shop....

My nitrous setup..

here is a pic of my MSD digital window switch.. I will get some pics of the bottles in the truck and the noids and all...

DSC02916.jpg

I will get some pics of my -10 fuel feed line and -8 return line.... I still need to run it..

My FTMB trans is in SKIDMARK_Racings truck... So i cant get pics of that.. but its a FTMB built trans...

So future plans are consisting of...

a set of twin S372's with the race cover.. 2400 shipped to my door... there is a balance i still owe on them so as soon as they are paid for and shipped here i will have pics of those, no need to order these yet as they will come with a 1 yr warranty and at the pace of the previous year they wouldn't have a warranty as of now...

Twin Air to Water IC...

they will be ordered as soon as my turbos arrive...

Fuel Inj... Torn between the 100 lb inj or the 160's with a inj driver...

tuning...

SCT PRP.. have Xcal 2 now but looking to switch to Livewire.... I have a deal pending on that as of NOW...

DSC02898.jpg

I will update this thread as the build goes along... once the motor gets dropped into the truck the BALL will start rolling alot quicker...

I am sure i am forgetting a few things... Ask and i will reply and post some pics...

I have an acceleronics versafueler injector driver for sale if you're interested... brand new never been used, let me know by PM

I JUST FINISHED THE SUSPENSION ON 1 SIDE...

DSC02970.jpg

Now if my bags and the rest of the suspension would get here i could have a set of bags in there..

that pic is without any springs at all...

DSC02966.jpg

also is that gap normally that big???

I was scared when I had it on the motor stand and taking it a part. I was just waiting for it to break in half and fall on my foot :blink:

Thanks for posting a pic of my fat ***** using the plasma cutter on your frame

BTW...

this build is not real.. its fake lol..

i got you JL lol...

:)

no but for real.. its getting done..

THIS IS REAL...

You damn near sawed that block in half....Well Done :thumbup:

thank you sir.. it wasent me.. i was in the passenger seat wasted... but i did reach over and arm the bottle like a dumb ***...

10 lb bottle gone in less then i would for sure say 5 miles...

I am using the older style block. they are 20lbs lighter then the NVH block..

my valley says its a older block.. or i can run my other block and its a NVH.. so i will prob use the NVH for the BB stroker if i decide to build it... depends on $$$

Back