Motor Oil question.

REDSVT150

MADMAN
I was just curious as to what motor oil people are using. Since the turbo is lubricated using the engine oil, is there a recommended oil for Turbo's? I was going to be doing an oil change soon and was just curious before I go and purchase oil.

Brad

I was just curious as to what motor oil people are using. Since the turbo is lubricated using the engine oil, is there a recommended oil for Turbo's? I was going to be doing an oil change soon and was just curious before I go and purchase oil.

Brad

I know it has been a while but back when the truck was first running we talked about this and Rotella was what we discussed. although I know your engine builder recomended something else.

I know it has been a while but back when the truck was first running we talked about this and Rotella was what we discussed. although I know your engine builder recomended something else.

Yeah its been awhile and I don't remember that. Mr. Richard didn't really recommend something else,all he mentioned was this racing oil that he used in the racing motors he had built. I'm sure that the motors he was building may not have been turbo'd. I have been running Motorcraft 5W-20W as the OEM motor oil weight. Just asking but why a Diesel motor oil?

Back