More NMRA info...

H

hotrodford_87

Just to add to Captain's comments some. Don't believe everything you hear about the NMRA. There are good and bad points about each and everywhere you race. I personally don't think they are such a bad bunch of folks. They've treated me good from the start. 2001 was the 4th year of NMRA's existence. The 1st year for the Truck/Lightning class. It grew from 4 trucks at the first race in Orlando last year to 19 at the Finals in Bowling Green, KY. We gained alot of respect with the numbers towards the end of the year.
Not sure just what the payouts will be for '02. Last year they paid $250 to win and $100 to runner-up. I was told that would be increased some this year. Contingencies are $50/each part to the winner and $25/each part for runner-up. That probably won't change this year however. I was told to expect more in '03 if the class keeps growing. They do however have more contingency items than FFW and a bigger total payout. I think I had 15 items that paid in NMRA and 10 in FFW. They are also working diligently on a year-end payout for the top people in the points chase. At least they did honor the top 10 in each class with a very nice jacket instead of just the class champion.
I will say that the NMRA runs a stricter game with the contingencies. And I'm not opposed to that. The companies are paying thousands of dollars out and they should be rewarded by good advertisement. Right after you tech in at an NMRA event, you go straight to the sticker-check area. There they will have you fill out a list of the contingencies you are claiming and check to see that you have each of their stickers displayed properly. They also check for your mandatory stickers at this time. Nitto Tires, the class sponsor, has to be in the lower RH corner of your windshield (pass. side). The NMRA/Holley windshield banner at the top of your windshield. And the current NMRA membership decal has to be on a side window or panel. They, like FFW, prefer permanent numbers on 4 windows. If you are like me and run out of room for numbers or just don't like leaving them on all the time, have them put on static cling. If they lose their sticky, just run a strip of electrical tape around the edge to keep 'em in place. Your permanent number, at least until you place in the top 10, will be a 5 digit number beginning with 11. Mine last year was TR11000 (I was the 1st to register a truck with them). They should be somewhere up around 11060 or higher by now. Class designation is TR instead of TT like FFW.
Well thats a start. As far as I know, We'll be at most all of the NMRA and FFW events next season. If you have any questions prior to then, look me up on here, I'll be glad to answer them. If you're at the track, come over and see us. We'd be glad to have you. Just bang on the motorhome door if we're not outside.

------------------
Randy Morrison, SGA Racing. 1987 Ford Ranger-351w. Best ET 11.000 @ 124mph. 2001 NMRA Truck/Lightning World Champion. 2000 FFW TopTruck World Champion. Sponsored by Level 10 Performance Transmissions in Hamburg, NJ. Visit them @ www.levelten.com

[This message has been edited by hotrodford_87 (edited 12-07-2001).]

Randy: Thats some good info.
smile.gif
We look forward in *racing* Side by side again next season. I guess we'll have to get used to the NEW .500 pro light! Shouldn't be a problem. Atleast they kept The pro Light!
smile.gif
Talk @ Ya Later.....JL

Yeah I was glad someone stuck to a pro tree. I won't elaborate anymore on it though. It seems I step on toes and get everyones feathers ruffled when I voice my opinions. We'll just show up and race like we did for years before we started running open comp.

I see you got the nod for the moderator spot. Congrats. I guess I didn't rate seeing as how I'm one of the non-Lightning folks on here. Should make for some interesting competition though, you and JDM and all. So who's faster? hehe...That oughta start something!

------------------
Randy Morrison, SGA Racing. 1987 Ford Ranger-351w. Best ET 11.000 @ 124mph. 2001 NMRA Truck/Lightning World Champion. 2000 FFW TopTruck World Champion. Sponsored by Level 10 Performance Transmissions in Hamburg, NJ. Visit them @ www.levelten.com

Randy since you and I will be racing the NMRA events next year just like this year i'm sure we all can use your input on the NMRA section. we'll work together keeping everyone updated. what do ya say?
smile.gif
JL

[This message has been edited by JohnnyLightning (edited 12-10-2001).]

I'm looking forward to some real competitve racing this year guys!
Don't count the GEN1 out, it's coming for both of ya, lol!

I'll see both of you, and hopefully a bunch of new faces, at the first NMRA event @ Bradenton.

------------------
"CALL ME A BABY....BUT I'LL NEVER GIVE UP MY BLUE BOTTLE!"

94' LIGHTNING #3006- 13.22 @ 99.63 MPH>100 SHOT
85' MERCURY CAPRI RS-
11.39 @ 117->TENATIVLEY SOLD :(

TEAM BROKEN DREAMS

who plans on Going to the NMRA events next season? Maybe we can get some idea who's joining in on the FUN!
smile.gif
JL

I'll go to as many races as I can again next year. I think I made it to 4 this year. I'm still learning the whole bracket racing game, but it's all in fun. Whenever I line up against Randy or Johnny I just pray they really mess up because that's the only way I'm beating them.
biggrin.gif

See you again next year.

Randy,
Don't get all caught up in the Lightning vs. Ranger issue, at least we are all Fords. Plus, that's one fast and reliable racing Ranger you have.

-Eric

------------------
2001 Lightning- JL equipped. 13.3 stock, 12.7 JL Chip&Filter. Both runs full weight, F1's.
99 Lightning- JL equipped! JL Ram Air, JL Daiblo Chip,90mm MAF,JL Power Cooler, Level 10 shift kit,JL Lower pulley, ASP Upper Pulley, Single Blade T/B, Bassani exhaust, NGK's. 12.07@112.4

91 LX 5.0 Convertible- Dr.Gas X. 14.7@95mph

Hey Eric, how are you?
Glad to hear I'll be seeing you at the NMRA events again this year. Can't wait to kick the season off in florida! Will you be able to make the Bradenton event?

------------------
"CALL ME A BABY....BUT I'LL NEVER GIVE UP MY BLUE BOTTLE!"

94' LIGHTNING #3006- 13.22 @ 99.63 MPH>100 SHOT
85' MERCURY CAPRI RS-
11.39 @ 117->TENATIVLEY SOLD :(

TEAM BROKEN DREAMS

No problem here Eric. I enjoy racing no matter what form. Actually I like whipping S-10's better than anything! Sometimes lately it just seems that when I make a suggestion or voice my opinion, somebody gets ticked off and I get dubbed a trouble-maker. I guess being from the South and driving a Ranger may have something to do with it...hehe.

Looking forward to the new season. Been practicing some on the .500 tree...piece of cake! I forgot how much easier it was than the .400 pro tree. No more need for deep-staging and transbrakes...just sit and wait! You guys get all practiced up...we'll be there.

------------------

hey Johnny, whats up? I will be at Columbus(easy drive) and would like to make two other events.I Hope my year starts off better than last (i was with out parts on the worst weekends!). See ya guys next year!
Josh

------------------
99 L white 312 of 4000 RETIRED
JL equipped,Pro-M, Bassani, Borla, Lentech valvebody, Superchip, PSP lower pulley, 12.77@105.60 w/1.78 60ft.
backed up w/12.78@106
01 L white

[This message has been edited by QUIKSVT (edited 12-14-2001).]

Back