More Apten praise and a couple 'kills'

Frank5L

1.37 60' on Drag Radials
This is just objective, but I'm going to give it to ya.

Pre Apten, max boost in GOOD air was about 16psi.

Tonight I was messing with it with a GTech and hurt some feelings.

It all really started a couple weeks ago when I pulled over and talked stuff to this local kid with a mustang who thinks he is the fastest thing in arkansas. Buddy of mine actually started the conversation. Anyway, he has a shortblock he was selling and this kid took his name/number about this motor. We couldnt convince him to run us, so we went home thinking nothing about it.

Tonight he gets a call about 10:30-11:00... "Does your buddy want to run to night... yada yada"

Sooo Its on. I'm thinking this kid put some nitrous on his car or something. No big deal because my truck is faster than a 5.0 with a (oversized) cam and some nitrous especially with a kid that cant drive behind the wheel. So I tell him we'll only bring out the black beast if its for some money. I meant something in the 3 digit range (and those are before the decimal point). Well anything was worth it just to get this kid out there. I would have given him $20 just to bring his car out. Well we meet him at the rendevous place at the agreed upon time. This other cat comes along with his 00 chevy reg cab 5.3 2wd truck with nitrous. Another that claims to be the fastest thing around. It runs mid 8s at Newport, the 1/8th mile track thats just a little longer than Barton. They asked me what my turd ran I told them it went 10s last weekend at centerville. Which it did, but then he wanted more specific and I told him high 10s...

We get to the spot where the action happens. Its about 12:30 at this point. This cat with the Chevy wants to run me first. So we line up. I do my little burnout and line up with him. friend of mine Leroy was flagging. I try to ease out and get no traction but am leaving him pretty steady. about 250 ft out the truck finally quits spinning and takes off like a bandit. as his headlights dim in the mirror I let off about 1/8th mile on our marked 1/4 run and he thinks he just got beat by a top fuel car... I didnt want o show my whole hand before running ole boy in his mustang though.

So I let it cool some and run the mustang for $20. THis time I'm running the chevy guys GTech. This race was over way before the end as well, even though the tires didnt quit spinning until GTech was reading around 7.5seconds into the run. That ended up being my best GTech run (out of 3) and of course made enough money for the gas to get out there. Then As I was nearing what I thought would be 1/4 mile, I looked over and saw the boost gauge! I was at 19psi and I think if I had more ---insert your favorite word here--- to run it all the way to redline in "Drive" I think it would have pegged my 20psi gauge!!!!!!!!!! :cool: It never acted like it wanted to fall off at all, boost just kept climbing and climbing. This is with a JL 6# lower and a 2.80 upper. Old wore out belt and not really that great of air. DA was approx 400 ft. It ended up running 13.0@117.4. Which I know that GTechs are instantaneous MPH instead of avg like tracks, but still.

Thought I'd share my big :D :D :D with you guys. Can't wait to get some good air and a 1320ft track with some traction!!!

Frank, quit pickin on people.;p

J/K. Nice story. You know, I never have gotten a ride in that beast...:3g:

Back