Monster Box problems >>

wesman

10 Sec L
Gregg,

I have been having issues with my Monster Box and it seems to have come to a head. I never got the neck snapping 1-2 shifts, or even a hard shift, it's actually been no different than with the factory tranny and valve body from day one.

The tranny had started to seem like it was slipping a bit, and shifts were taking a little longer than they should. I planned on swapping out to another valve body and before I could do that it seems the tranny has lost a gear. When I start out in 1st gear, it doesn't shift unless I'm barely on the gas. If I step on the gas with any force, it redlines and wont shift until i let out completely. When it does shift it seems to go straight to 3rd gear, or at least takes a very long time to get to second.

I dropped the truck off to my local tuner and asked him to swap the valve bodies out for me and see if that helped the issue at all. He pulled the pan and the fluid is very burnt up, has metal debris and there was a loose screw laying at the bottom of the pan. I have attached a pic of the findings. I have not gotten any tranny codes and no blinking of the OD light etc at all.

CIMG2964.JPG

What can I do about this ? I bought the tranny almost 2 years ago, majority of that time it has sat in the truck while the truck was rebuilt as I blew the engine and it sat for a period of time before getting the built motor. There is a total of 2500-3000 miles on the tranny since I bought it. I was certainly hoping that the "best built tranny" on the market would hold up longer than 3k miles.

Please let me know any way you can help me on this.

--wes

That sounds like what my tranny is doing. except my fluid don't look like that but, i did drop the pan and had some small metal peices in the bottom of the pan.....

DixieL

That's only after about 1k miles the fluid looks like that....I hada new convertor installed when the built engine went in

Hmmm....doesn't even seem to be a link from the supporting vendors section anymore........coincidence?

--wes

Back