Mike McKenna's Mustang Madness!

Oh yeah, what happen to Steve? I heard he was on a business trip to the neighbor islands. I hope he can make it too.

Congrats on the win, didn't know who, or which lightning you were though, sorry. Congrats also to Chuck and Cary for taking home honorable mention, everyone's truck looked good. It was nice seeing everyone out there who I didn't see for a long time and meeting the new peeps (Aaron, Cary) Sorry I had to dig-out early, but duty calls...you guys know how it is. I thought we had a really good turn out, and think we should frequent these events more often. -Josh

It was great seeing and talking w/ all of you yesterday---Congrats to everyone, as everybody's trucks looked great!!!!

Thanks again John for all your hard work in getting us together and helping all of us get a spot

Congrats blklghtng00 on winning the rumble--I don't now why Aaron didn't enter--with his cats gone he would have given ya a run for the title.

I saw a lot of my homeless friends from HRP yesterday---I really don't see any relief soon for Oahu, which is really sad.

It was great seeing you guys yesterday. The trucks looked great! I am kicking myself in the *** for not entering the rumble contest. Thanks John for the last minute hookup.

I just found this at SVTPerformance. It was the only Lightning picture in the post.
mm020.jpg

I don't even remember someone taking my picture.

Thanks guys, for an awesome day. My family and I enjoyed your company. Congrats to Chuck, Cary, and blklghtng00 for taking home awards.

Thanks for the mentions. Means alot to me. My first and only award to date. For alot of you who came over and talked to me, you know my situation with my Lightning. For those of you who don't then I will sum it up real quick for you.

The guy who owned my Lightning before me obviously didn't care for it very well what so ever. When I bought it the poor thing was barely running. All 4 O2 sensor's blown, every single spark plug corroded, and All four ball-joints were toast. The damn truck was so scratched up for him that it is redicolous to even talk about it.

Me, myself, I love any fast Ford. Just look at my previous car.(http://community.webshots.com/user/frdmstnggt99, under "New Mustang") . Maintained and cared for very well. So next time you see me at a show or anywhere plus reframe from giving me a hard time about the condition of the truck (not that any did). I know its rough, but it is a Diamond underneath. Thanks fella's. One last note: I think that we, as Lightning owners, need to get together sometime. By the way, my name is Derrick for those of you who care.

Wassup Derrick, I believed I've met you at the Wendy's cruise in Kapolei. Good to see more Lightning owners.

Nothing much, just fixxin' the lightning. Trying to figure out whats going on with her. You probably have, either last meeting or before when I had my mustang. Glad to be a Lightning owner.

Yep. I had a great time with you all last week. Congrats out to Chuck and Cary for placing, and props out to the newbie winning the rumble contest. Good to see NLOC members representing. Maybe we can have our own "NLOC Lightning Madness" car show. You know...we can invite a few Mustangs and Cobras, have a "Whining" contest :gmw: , and draw lucky numbers for Lightning members only. HA HA HA!! :rofl: :rofl:

Just a thought. The question is... Will dirtchicken's L be finished by then? :? Nah, jus kidding Aaron. See you all at the next show/cruise. Aloha no!

Dave

Last edited:
Some engine bay pics of your trucks. Sorry Cary, your hood was closed when I snapped these. I also have video clips of Chuck and John's revs during the rumble contest but I don't know how to post it. Maybe someone can tell me how.

Back