Midwest SVT Challenge v3.0, May 28th @ US41

The guy mentioned two dates? 28th and 29th?

Looks like fun and I would deff. Consider going if I can.

Where is the track?

I will be there cheering my husband on but here is some more information for ya....

It would be really great to see more lightnings at this event! Here is more information...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
MSC v3.0, May 28th US41 Dragway
All fords welcomed!

PrePay Racer Fee = $30
Gate Racer Fee = $40
Spectators = $5 (kids are free)

There will be prizes given away. There will be Bracket racing and heads up races. (At MSC 2.0 some cars were making 8-10 passes.)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
For more information:
Visit ChicagoSVT.com
or
http://www.chicagosvt.com/forums/showthread.php3?t=2736
or
PM or email SidekickDSG or hj16 and we'll be glad to help you out!

I look forward to meeting and seeing alot of you there!

It takes me 2 hours to get there. North on 65, about 60 miles on the other side of Lafayette.

http://us41dragway.com/

map.gif

Not this time...

It was touted as a fairly big event last year and was nothing more than a track rental. Unprepped also...

It was nice to meet new faces and chill with friends.

Their tech-in and the overall quality of the facility was severely lacking. And they used to have FFW there? EEEEEK

Bob

Speedin what did the Gen 1 look like? Was it the one I said?? I just happened to see it one day.

When you went to this last year, did they run any classes, or just line up and run?

This is what I saw on another board about 41.. quote"Went to 41 today.......on the way there it was 47 degrees burrrr

Are things looking up?

* 2 new Track Trucks - Dodge Ram pickups- safety/rescue - saw them there!
* Burn out box has new concrete
* Walls getting painted - in process
* Bleachers to be painted soon
* Track Sprayed...both Lanes all the way....witnessed by my buddy
* Paved Track entrance coming soon - Rumored to be stated by owner
* EMT at track
* More Bleachers to be added in the future
* buy one get one free at the concession stand special
* Track hooked hard at 47 degrees
* Track inspected when cars smoke, or break.--- car broke a driveshaft at 1000 ft they picked up the shaft and walked the whole track 3 people for about 10-15 minutes---generally looked like at least today the did a good job and paid more attention.

Derrick "the owner" is to have said, and restated to me by 2 racers (since I missed the meeting)
That he wants to return 41 the same quality as when it was first opened, he even wants to get the IHRA sanction back.....and I hope a National Event.

What I witnessed was a positive improvement...hope it continues!"end quote

olefafl said:
Speedin what did the Gen 1 look like? Was it the one I said?? I just happened to see it one day.

When you went to this last year, did they run any classes, or just line up and run?

Looks like I may have missed it. It wasn't sitting out on the to or from trip.

I think I remember there being classes at US41. It was pretty unorganized. First impression wasn't good but it sounds like the facility is going through a much needed updating. Thanks for the insight Jeff. :)

Bob

I'll probably be there, and hopefully in the high 12s this time :)

Bob, you gotta go or I won't have anyone to cruise at 120 with the whole way up. :D

Bob, do you have an instant message name? I am 'ef 1 fiddy' on AOL if you do. I need to talk to ya about some mods.

Speedin Bob said:
Who MEEEEEE?

:frog: :D

LOL! Bob doesn't drive that fast. But he did manage to catch our LightningFest convoy just past St Louis after leaving several hours later than we did.

Eh, the track may not be perfect, but I'm all far a day of hanging out.

Back