Merry Xmas to me.

SA94Lightning

refreshed and alive again
I decided to treat myself to a new fire resistant anti theft storage locker for my firearms. Between my newer ones and the family hand downs it had gotten a little to big for the old lock box.

I know a few on here are shooters/hunters so I thought Id share.
23 gun unit and I have 16 rifles and 8 hand guns both of various vintages
Like the 3 model 94 winchesters on the door from Gramps circa 1933,My dads circa 1957 and one I acquired in the late 80s.

I have the unit in behind a deadbolted closet door in the hallway.

Anyway you know how it is when we get something new we want to show it.
4fa7caee2b44c5d9cc90cbec5bf0ce2b.jpg
dea5a181e9d8f8a03093f96a09f83f9f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent investment. We got one several years ago and I'm glad we did. I wasn't very excited about the up front investment, but the added peace of mind when we are out of town has been well worth it. The only problem is that it isn't big enough. Just like houses and toolboxes, I guess you outgrow these far faster than you expect.

Looks good!

I'm doing a test with the humidity level in my safe (Liberty Lincoln series with the safe alert monitor) using the silica beads comparing it to the humidity as reported by the controls for the house's HVAC. So far there doesn't seem to be much of a reduction in moisture in the safe vs the rest of the house. Think I'll be switching over to a golden rod soon.

I use a combo of the silica and the goldenrod in mine. But I don't store the safe in a climate controlled area. Id take the time and bolt that thing to the concrete. Look on YouTube at guys breaking into gun safes. Doesn't take long. Like a minute or two in some cases. it's in a good spot wedged in that closet. However, the biggest thing on keeping a would be burgled safe, safe, is keeping it from getting tipped on its back or side. And don't think because it weighs 800 lbs loaded down that you're gtg. Mine weighed well over 1000 lbs and I've got enough lead in my pencil to tip it over if I wanted to. I've seen where dudes literally tipped the safe over on a tow strap and drug it doWn the street behind a truck. Police found it a couple days later empty and busted up.

How do you like that SKS with the pigsticker? Sold mine long ago and now regret that. It was a fun gun.

Looks great, bolt it to the concrete floor too. Like Dawson says, they steal these every day. They see an interior deadbolt and that becomes a magnet payday for those damn thieves.

It is bolted to the slab.
If thieves want your stuff theyll get it.
At least it will deter most smash and grabs and my inconspicuous home is not likely to be on the "case it" list as the hood is not that high end LOL.
And Charli will not be happy to see um.
f807cf5fd0a935f181db230dcff20cd7.jpg

How do you like that SKS with the pigsticker? Sold mine long ago and now regret that. It was a fun gun.

It actually shoots well and is accurate as I can be with open sights.
My favorite 762 to shoot however would be my latest addition.
85bb805df1951ee57903cc900a630147.jpg
c6d7f8ad2af49f73c72b6258d7dfb8da.jpg

I use a combo of the silica and the goldenrod in mine. But I don't store the safe in a climate controlled area. Id take the time and bolt that thing to the concrete. Look on YouTube at guys breaking into gun safes. Doesn't take long. Like a minute or two in some cases. it's in a good spot wedged in that closet. However, the biggest thing on keeping a would be burgled safe, safe, is keeping it from getting tipped on its back or side. And don't think because it weighs 800 lbs loaded down that you're gtg. Mine weighed well over 1000 lbs and I've got enough lead in my pencil to tip it over if I wanted to. I've seen where dudes literally tipped the safe over on a tow strap and drug it doWn the street behind a truck. Police found it a couple days later empty and busted up.

I don't remember if our is a goldenrod or something else, but it was a good investment. When you open the door you can feel the dry air hit you in the face.

Ours isn't bolted to the floor, but they'll still have to earn it to get it out of the house. I chose the size so that it wouldn't fit through any door in the house when assembled, so they'll either have to open it where it's at or knock a wall out to move it. It's also about 1300 lbs empty and well over 2000 now. It took 4 professionals with the right equipment about 2 hours to get it in the house and they weren't all that careful about it. If a thief wants it, they'll get it. But it will at least take them enough time and work that someone will hopefully notice the unfamiliar vehicle and call the cops. Our neighbors are pretty good about that.

It actually shoots well and is accurate as I can be with open sights.
My favorite 762 to shoot however would be my latest addition.

I've always been disappointed in mine. I've been telling myself for years I should sell it, but it still sits in the safe taking up space.

I don't remember if our is a goldenrod or something else, but it was a good investment. When you open the door you can feel the dry air hit you in the face.

Ours isn't bolted to the floor, but they'll still have to earn it to get it out of the house. I chose the size so that it wouldn't fit through any door in the house when assembled, so they'll either have to open it where it's at or knock a wall out to move it. It's also about 1300 lbs empty and well over 2000 now. It took 4 professionals with the right equipment about 2 hours to get it in the house and they weren't all that careful about it. If a thief wants it, they'll get it. But it will at least take them enough time and work that someone will hopefully notice the unfamiliar vehicle and call the cops. Our neighbors are pretty good about that.

I put one of these in mine for now.
1599bd4ce709a0222c56db3235d6e1a3.jpg

I've always been disappointed in mine. I've been telling myself for years I should sell it, but it still sits in the safe taking up space.

Well Windham fixed the issues with mags and feed ramp associated with 762 round in AR.
So far not a single mis feed or malfunction in about 300 rds.
I got it in Oct. So I hope it continues to be trouble free.

Excellent investment. We got one several years ago and I'm glad we did. I wasn't very excited about the up front investment, but the added peace of mind when we are out of town has been well worth it. The only problem is that it isn't big enough. Just like houses and toolboxes, I guess you outgrow these far faster than you expect.

Well I got this one out the door for 878 at bass pro.
And I tried to get bigger than I needed without going over board.
With what dad passed me already and what he still has to still come my way unless I go "crazy gun shopping" I should be OK.

Currently I have about everything I want as far that but I also know the darn things just suck you in sometimes. LOL.

Back