Maybe Not a Lightning, But NEW FORD SVT TRUCK

Haven't you guys heard the news; it's no longer SVT (Special Vehicle Team) as we have come to know and love; it's now (Sand Vehicle Team)

Oh Boy!

A "Sand Lightning"

Is THIS where Ford should be heading with the SVT's?

I think not.

I think it would be cool to have both! My Lightning for playin' around on the streets and the SnowVehicleTruck for upper parts of Michigan in the winter!

Here's a little more info from a buddy at Ford....

I see ‘em all the time at work (camoflaged). Box stock serious off roading machine. Not foo-foo graphics and a marketing name, but a real off road truck factory stock and warrantied. I think its gonna sell pretty damn well. Some of the ones Ive seen have crazy fender wheel lips, hi-lift jacks and huge spare tires factory mounted in the bed. Crazy ground clearance and serious tires. They look like baja racers.

Ha ha ha...."sand"

Imagine Ford's bed shake test with bigger bumps and G-outs....yeah, that's just like going over sand. :rolleyes:

Off Roading isn't completely as lame as some of you might think. The DOHC head development found in the Cobra R and later into the Ford GT was all derived from Ford's Rough Rider Program.

John_RoughRiders.jpg

What other form of racing stresses an engine's peak hp and peak tq over several hundred miles? Drag racing? :eek:ldtu:

Maybe someday soon a 6.2 supercharged Gen 3 will appear,it's time to do it.It's been to long over due:3g:

Back