Maybe its coming home this time!

airtroop01

So, I've arranged to have the truck shipped with Specialty Auto Transport.
They came highly recommended on this site:
http://www.auto-transport-reviews.com/
and the price to move is $1495. If I were to fly out and drive it back, by my calculations it would cost me somewhere around the $1200 range after the flight, fuel, and motel costs.

Open trailer and not closed so, I'm going to take my chances with that. The way I figure it, its got to be less damage than if I drove it.

I need to get a bra for this thing but that's another story.

The date they promised was Jan 10th for pickup as a guaranteed date and then 7 days after that the transport should be in California. However, if it can get picked up sooner he'll give me a call. The length of this truck makes it more challenging to move. They mentioned that if it was a car, they would have someone to pick it up in two days.

Wish me luck...

Those :banghead: transport trucking :banghead: suckers dropped the ball again. They didn't get it on Monday, but oh well, it allowed me a chance to get intake put on. No planned pickup time - just sometime this week.

:?

I don't get it. If I leave it there much longer i'll just have to go to lightningfest to see it. ;z

:pat:

Yeah right..More new's at 11. Phil, this has been, well, going on for ,,,,wow. Good luck Bro..:comfort:

:? Hey, Phil! Have you ever seen a t.v. show called "Overhaulin'"?...maybe...they're customizing your truck for you...??:yikes:

Nazgul said:
:? Hey, Phil! Have you ever seen a t.v. show called "Overhaulin'"?...maybe...they're customizing your truck for you...??:yikes:

Haha... yeah unfortunately on my $$$$$
:bash:

The saga continues again... the *new* transport company was supposed to pick up on Monday the 10th, and they are late... its Friday and they haven't picked up yet. Apparently the truck is having "problems" - what ever that means. All these trucking firms keep saying "this isn't an exact science." Its like the buzzword they all use to be the catch all for the F@#$ ups.

It worked out for me in one sense. JL took it for a ride to give it the once over and found a miss. Injector went bad.

I'm frustrated.

I should have just made plans to fly out there this weekend since I get Sat/Sun/Monday off. Problem is I just have too many things going on to take time off right now. Wish me luck... maybe the transport will show up on Sat. or Mon.

Damn, it was supposed to be showing up on my door next Monday.

Back