May 2008 Gen 2 - TOTM - Congratulations Traci Abrams (FlaHP)& Jason!(NLOC#1723)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronnie

Will Work For Truck Parts
May 2008 Gen 2 Truck Of The Month – Congratulations Traci Abrams (FlaHP) Jason on the wrenches ! (NLOC #1723)

med_gallery_4_19_31105.jpg

May's TOTM article is written about another awesome truck! Simply beautiful. A lot of time and work has gone into the build on this one sporting a Boss330 engine and Kenne Bell 2.6H supercharger. Read on to see how Traci and Jason have made this truck part of the fun in their lives.

med_gallery_4_19_40662.jpg

1. What sparked your interest in the Ford Lightning?

After getting back into the car hobby in 2000 with my 1966 L79 Corvette, my wife wanted a toy. I needed a work truck to pull my 20ft trailer, and she loves trucks and going fast. The Lightning was a perfect fit. The truck stayed bone stock for almost 50,000 miles. Then it all hit the fan.

gallery__8_135103.jpg

2. Do you have any interesting stories about previously owned vehicles, before becoming a Lightning owner ?

When I was in my teens I had an Old CJ Jeep that was so rusted it was not even attached to the frame. With 30 pounds of bondo and all the real estate signs my friends and I could find we built a great looking ride…as long as you didn’t look inside the fender wells to see the Century 21 logo.

3. What modifications have you made to your truck since you have owned it...both show and go?

med_gallery_4_90_101717.jpg

GO:
-Boss330 Motor
-Stage 2 cams
-Every thing is ported
-10# lower
-Kenne Bell 2.6H
-NX kit
-Level 10 Tranny
-LongTubes
-Bassani Cat Back
-Fluidine Heat Exchanger
-Hotchkis TVS suspension
-Bogarts and Boyds wheels
-Electric fan
-ICey res
-AF 1 filter PSP box
-Long bars.
-Drive Shaft Loop
-Aeroforce Interceptor gauge

616 RWHP and 674 RWTQ at 19 PSI

med_gallery_4_19_54544.jpg

SHOW:

4. Do you have any interesting stories about your Lightning ?

Typhoon43 was going to the staging lanes at GVRW to run the 1320. I told Traci to go get him and see if she could take him. Well, she did. Josh, being the good sport that he is, made a big deal about getting beat by a girl. A very short time later, Traci let him know that she just found out she was 6 weeks pregnant. Josh responded, “That’s just great…” and joked about not only being beat by a girl but a pregnant one!

Traci has been in the 11s with an Eaton and no spray. The truck ran a best of 11.4 with the Eaton and no spray. Still working out the bugs, but she has already been 11.0 with 14 psi and a 85 shot.

med_gallery_4_79_80138.jpg

5. Tell us about yourself, your hobbies, business or work, sports, family, etc.

Traci manages the Gainesville Division of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida. I broker high end antiques and estates and raise our 2 year old Fisher while I work from home.

med_gallery_4_12_4983.jpg

med_gallery_4_79_92135.jpg

6. How long have you been a user of the NLOC.net, when did you become an NLOC member, and why did you choose to become a member of NLOC ?

I signed up a few months after buying the truck.

7. What suggestions do you have to make the NLOC.net website easier to use and navigate?

The site runs smooth and fast. I don’t see how it could be improved.

med_gallery_4_19_34981.jpg

8. Why did you choose your board user name (screen name) ?

It started as Her2001 and after time evolved into FlaHP( Florida HorsePower) to match a small local website Screaming01L and I started to sell Bogart Racing rims and have a web forum for the locals.

med_gallery_4_79_129670.jpg

9. What are your plans for future changes to your truck ?

Bars for safety
3.4 Whipple and fuel system

gallery_4_19_29050.jpg

10. Whom would you like to thank for help\donations\support for putting the truck together?

Typhoon43 and Screaming01L are always there when I need them. We have a great network of Lightning owners for such a small area.
Torrie at Unleashed Tuning- Horsepower is easy, traction is the real problem! | Unleashed Tuning | Tuning, Unleashed, Sct, Images keeps things running smooth and is a great guy. Hands down the baddest Modular ride I have been in and probably ever will.

gallery_4_19_21415.jpg

The video..

http://www.hyperfiberbbq.com/uploads/jason-11oh.wmv

med_gallery_4_19_26203.jpg

Congratulations to Traci Abrams (FlaHP) & Jason and their 2000 Silver Ford Lightning for Gen 2 Truck of the Month, May 2008!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats... That pic of your kido... in the car seat sleepin....My boy has spent many late nights sleepin while im working on my L... Nice L!!!!!!!!

Way to go!!! I cant remeber if that pic of my old DSG was us installing hte long bars or removing them to sell. Was along time ago, before i bought JJ's truck. Congrats.!!

You were yanking the long bars to sell to me Dave :D

CONGRATS Jason! Your truck is what mine aspires to be: fast and actually running :D

You were yanking the long bars to sell to me Dave :D

CONGRATS Jason! Your truck is what mine aspires to be: fast and actually running :D

Yea that was the uninstall demod party we had.

Mine wsa in the garage and I think MRgadget was parked up in the grass that day. We had the HOA seeing red for sure.
:eek:ldtu:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back