mass air

L

lightning1993

has anyone in here bought a ford mass air unit and installed it and have there been any problems with doing this. or can i get a chip made to do the same thing

Why do you want mass air? Just curious...

------------------
Later!
Jeff S.
President, NLOC
#74 in '95 - 11.92@115.2
#?? in '00 - 13.68@99.5

Originally posted by lightning1993:
has anyone in here bought a ford mass air unit and installed it and have there been any problems with doing this. or can i get a chip made to do the same thing

want to add a larger cam and a set of aluminum heads been told that i need to have mass air to do this.

You do not need a MAS conversion to switch heads. You could even get a cam custom ground for Speed Density. Any cam company worth the paper it's name is printed on, will help you find the right cam for your application. The cam may cost a little more than an "off the shelf" model, but it would still be a significant savings over the grand for a good MAS conversion.

------------------
John Norris
Red '93 # 3395
NLOC # 227
Nassau Bay, Texas

That is correct. You do not need Mass Air to have such mods. I have helped a list memeber with his 95 Lightning do as you are planning. We installed ported TW heads off my Mustang and a Crane lightning cam and 1.72 rockers. At first we had some teething problems, stalling at decel,surging idle and such. After setteling on an idle speed of 900 Rpm, and driving it around letting the ECM do its thing, he experiences no such problems.Just watch your overlap on the cam.

No stalling, No surging,No problems.

------------------
95 Red Lightning
87 Buick Grand National
11.60/114 1.62 60ft.

Originally posted by Speedy:
That is correct. You do not need Mass Air to have such mods. I have helped a list memeber with his 95 Lightning do as you are planning. We installed ported TW heads off my Mustang and a Crane lightning cam and 1.72 rockers. At first we had some teething problems, stalling at decel,surging idle and such. After setteling on an idle speed of 900 Rpm, and driving it around letting the ECM do its thing, he experiences no such problems.Just watch your overlap on the cam.

No stalling, No surging,No problems.

how about injectors how much changes before u change them to a larger size

Injector requirements depend on target pressures and power levels. Give me an idea of your performance goals and I can give you a better picture of fuel system requirements.

------------------

Back