march-pulley's

T

txroadrage

does anybody have these pulley's,what is the part # and cost,and what does it come with.also i have a powerdyne do they sell the extra pulley for the extension on the crank.thank's,brian

The march / bbk pulleys I have seen listed are the same number for the mustang 5.0 and lightning, but I don't think you can run your powerdyne pulley with anything but a stock pulley. the mustang lower pulley I have is *tiny*. They have to use allen bolts because a 6 point bolt wouldn't fit. It's about 4.2 inch on the small and 4.5 on the outside of the grooves. I don't think there's room in there for your extension...

Yeh, Won't work. The powerdyne lower which is just another stock lower lightning pulley will not fit inside the underdrive pulley. A spacer will screw up the alignment and add more unwanted rotational torque on the snout of the crank.

I'm taking off my March Power and Amp pulleys for the same reason - the Vortech crank extension won't fit in the March crank pulley. So, I'll sell them. I'll throw in the correct length belt and a new, spare belt. All for 60 bucks, incl shipping. Email me if interested.

I have a follow up question. I have a spare set of March power and amp pulleys for a '91 Mustang (I had to remove them to install the Procharger). Are you guys saying these pulleys will fit my '94 L?? Will there be a noticeable change with engine cooling, charging, or air conditioning?

It would be great to reuse them--they're currently sitting on my workbench collecting dust.

I don't know 100% - I never tried it, but the numbers for the lightning pulleys and the mustang are the same in the SVT catalog for all 87-96 5.0 5.8 trucks, and 87-93 mustang. see p79 2000 SVT catalog.

Depending on your stereo, fog lights, etc. you may or may not have enough alternator left over with the pulleys. On my 90 LX 5.0, it would flicker the lights at idle if the wipers were on (rain / night) and in 108 degree August here if I got stuck in stop and go on 635 (worst hwy in Dallas) she'd get a little hot at idle with the AC on. Not overheated, just enough to worry me into holding the idle with my foot to about 1200. You've got a *lot* more radiator in your L than in your 'stang, so that is not as big a worry. In return, a little gas mileage, and about 5-10 hp. recovered.

If you're not in a high traffic area, you probably will never see the things I was fussing about, but I'd try it just because it's pretty much free and probably a couple hours labor at the most to swap in and back if you hate them..

Thanks, I'll try installing them on the Lightning.

Stock to stock, I believe the L's crank pulley is bigger than the Mustang's. Therefore, I'm thinking the March pulleys will yield more HP on the L.

(Now, if only I hadn't sold the Kenne Bell blower for my Mustang--there might have been possibilities for it on the L...)

you would have needed another base for the 351's wider manifold spacing - taller deck height and all, but it would be interesting with a roots type torque monster blower!

Actually, my Whipplecharger was equipped with the GT40 manifolding (meant for the Cobra Mustangs).

I was one of the first owners of the Whipple, and it worked nicely on the street (I sorta knew Jim Bell but never liked the guy). I even ported the Whipple inlet to accomodate a 75mm TB. My lower GT40 intake was extrude honed. The only drawbacks were that the oil seals on the Whipple failed every 12k miles, and the blower seemed limited to about 375-400 hp on the little 302. I know that other brands of blowers make more power for the same boost levels. Besides, with 9-12 lbs. of boost at only 2000 RPM, I was constantly loosing traction at launch.

I could go on, but this is the Lightning board and not the Mustang board...

Sorry I've been out of touch the last few days - busy getting the blower finished up. Russ94 - I would say yes! The March Power and Amp pulley set box says "P/N 1015 Ford Mustang 5.0/Truck, 1979-1993. . ." and they worked great. No problem with charging at all.

Russ, I had a "Blowzilla" (what a DA name) on my truck for a while. Eric Mills has it now. If you guys ever drive a L2 and think THAT has torque, you should feel the 351 with that blower on it. Honestly, I hated for it to downshift since it pulled so hard at lower rpms. Was completely silent when not in boost too. Fun blower... I miss it.

Later!
Jeff S.

Hey Jeff is that Blowzilla worth the money? I have heard things like that the Belle company doesn't have a good support system. like nobody to answer your questions or help you sort the thing out. I heard that they do add some serious low-end though when you get them right.

Back