March 2010 Truck of the Month-Congrats to Dale "Dale Reibel" Reibel ! (NLOC#1151)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skritch

March 2010 Truck Of The Month – Congratulations Dale (Dale Reibel) Reibel ! (NLOC #1151)

From the Silver State of Nevada residing in the city that bills itself the Entertainment Capital of the World, Las Vegas, comes this month’s owner of NLOC Truck of the Month. Owning what some would arguably call the rarest of production Gen 2 Lightnings being a 2002 model in True Blue, a one year only color; Dale is the original owner of this one and he was happy enough with the truck until he journeyed to his first LightningFest. Since then its been mod after mod for his truck and there are still mods he’d like to do ! Once the changes start it seems a slippery slope of never ending changes that continue to be done or at least desired ! Dale’s truck is both a show as well as a “go” truck having collected trophies at every LightningFest Truck Show he’s attended. This is indeed a truck that will turn your head in either race trim or show trim.

Read on to learn more about Dale and his Lightning then join in the congratulations to Dale Reibel !

4384517942_86400f6fc0_b.jpg

1. What sparked your interest in the Ford Lightning?

In 2000 I wanted a silver one and we looked at them a couple times, I liked the look of the exhaust exiting the side thru the ground effects, the stance and the reputation for power. Then in July 2002 my wife took her Taurus in for warranty work at Gaudin Ford here in Las Vegas, came home and told me they had a True Blue Lightning on the show room floor there. I told her they didn't make it in blue. Well, when I took her back to get her car we ended up buying it.

4381734088_550f170088_b.jpg

2. Do you have any interesting stories about previously owned vehicles, before becoming a Lightning owner?

Many interesting stories. Been into fast cars for quite a while, in high school it was a 69 Nova and a 70 Challenger both with big blocks. Then in the late 70's and early 80's it was the mini truck scene. The mid 80's were spent off road racing three wheelers including the Mint 400 in 1983. By the 90's I got into '59 El Caminos owning 3 at one time.

4380974687_54fcea3df7_b.jpg

3. What modifications have you made to your truck since you have owned it...both show and go?

After buying the Lightning it remained stock for the first year and a half till we went to the first LightningFest in Topeka. Upon returning home the modding started and hasn't ended yet. The truck has run a best of 12.03 @ 113mph

Exterior Mods

Keystone Shaker hood - Innovation Pro Sport tonneau cover - Grillcraft sports grills - smooth tailgate - Street Scene rollpan - silver vinyl stripes - FRPP fuel door - solid rear window - clear marker lights - UPR antenna delete.

Interior Mods

Expedition center console - AAC black carpet & mats - carbon fiber dash kit - FRPP pedals - Auto Meter gauge pod with boost & fuel pressure gauges - Dynojet Wide Band Commander - Polk audio speakers - BedRug.

Suspension Mods

Hotchkis TVS - QA-1 shocks - FRPP chrome Lightning wheels - Nitto NT05 tires - R1 Concept drilled brake rotors - Hawk HPS brake pads - Metco driveshaft hoop - LFP traction bars.

Engine Mods

Dyno Dan tuned - FRPP Whipple supercharger - SCT Xcal 2 tuner - Diablosport MAFia -
Metco 6 lb lower pulley - Metco idler pulleys - Siemen Deka 60 lb fuel injectors - Welbro 255 lph fuel pumps - Fluidyne heat exchanger - LFP electric fan - Bassani cat back exhaust - JLP intercooler reservoir - JLP radiator overflow tank - JLP oil breather cap - NGK TR6 spark plugs - Royal Purple oil.

Transmission Mods

Factory Tech valve body - Precision Industries 2600 stall converter - Moroso trans oil pan - Factory Tech trans cooler - Royal Purple trans fluid.

Rear End Mods

FRPP 4.10 gears - Detroit True Trac differential - TA Performance differential cover - Royal Purple gear lube.

4381732574_d271ac879b_b.jpg

4380975303_fb1a8e4196_b.jpg

4381732996_903791acec_b.jpg

4. Do you have any interesting stories about your Lightning?

Many interesting stories with the Lightning having been to all the LightningFests, many west coast events. But the best being a test and tune at LVMS in February of 2007, the same weekend as the NHRA nitro test. Being in the staging lanes and following the big boy's down the track has been the highlight of the Lightning experience so far.

4381730170_8313491b29_b.jpg

5. Tell us about yourself, your hobbies, business or work, sports, family, etc.

I have been married to my wife Chris for 30 years, we have 3 children and 2 grand kids with one daughter still at home. I work in the trade show and construction industries here in So Nevada. Hobbies include working around the house and yard and working on one of the 3 Lightnings we currently have. The Gen 2 shown here and two Gen 1's both white 94's, the first being my daily driver and the second one I am returning to stock for our daughter who will start driving later this year.

4380978057_5d154c12ce_b.jpg

4380974983_78a3111d1e_b.jpg

4381732202_3175da4430_b.jpg

4380978297_16318f4b36_b.jpg

6. How long have you been a user of the NLOC.net, when did you become an NLOC member, and why did you choose to become a member of NLOC?

I joined NLOC in February 2003. The truck is build number 1459. I became a member to be more involved with the trucks.

4381730420_10df8ed2eb_b.jpg

7. What suggestions do you have to make the NLOC.net website easier to use and navigate?

It seems easy enough to me as it is.

4380977073_56fb88f267_b.jpg

8. Why did you pick your board user name (screen name)?

No originality in screen name.

4380974233_b9db79bfac_b.jpg

9. What are your plans for future changes to your truck?

The truck is pretty well done maybe a built motor and ghost flame paint job down the road.

4381734482_1bc6864228_b.jpg

10. Whom would you like to thank for help\donations\support for putting the truck together?

I'd like to thank my wife for her understanding when I go on a spending spree, Dyno Dan for his tuning which has netted 472rwhp and 546lbs torque. The NLOC supporting vendors deals over the years. MJ351 for the knowledge I have gotten from him. Derek for the PDR work and pictures, Martin (I'd Win) for info over the years, Ruban, Ron, and the rest of the Las Vegas Lightning gang.

4380976675_7b01ceea91_b.jpg

4383756501_eae25f49da_b.jpg

Congratulations to Dale and his 2002 True Blue Ford Lightning for Truck of the Month, March 2010 !

Last edited:
Congrats Dale! Man your L is like fine wine....getting better with age!! :eek:ldtu::eek:ldtu::eek:ldtu: O- yeah thanks for the shout out (Las Vegas Lightning gang)

Last edited:
Very clean truck. It's scary how similar my truck is becoming to yours, without even knowing it!!!!

I got to see your truck at L-fest 6, and it definatly kept catching my eye.

Sharp truck!! with the perfect stance IMO.
Congrats :eek:ldtu:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back