March 2008 Gen 2 TOTM - Congratulations Jeff "jdiggy" Thomas! (NLOC #1891)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronnie

Will Work For Truck Parts
March 2008 Gen 2 Truck Of The Month – Congratulations Jeff (jdiggy) Thomas ! (NLOC #1891)

smokey.jpg

March's Generation II Truck of Month is a beautiful Dark Shadow Grey Lightning sporting a WMS motor package and 2.3 Whipple Supercharger. Along with the exterior compliments, definitely one sweet ride that jdiggy has!!!!

DSC01317.JPG

1. What sparked your interest in the Ford Lightning?

Well I have always loved trucks.....what guy doesn't?? So once I saw the Gen 1's come out....fast truck, limited production....it really sparked my interest. I was in college at the time so obviously I couldn't afford one. Then came the Gen 2's....I liked them even more.

2. Do you have any interesting stories about previously owned vehicles, before becoming a Lightning owner ?

Nah...not really. The L is the first performance vehicle I have owned. Nothing really of interest prior. A couple Hondas, an Explorer, and a LS which I traded in for the L. I did enjoy the LS. Nice luxury car with some get up and go.

3. What modifications have you made to your truck since you have owned it...both show and go?

I started with the usual suspects (ported eaton, 4 lb lower, etc.) then broke a rod and decided to jump head first into debt....and gobs more power. :blink:

track_pic.JPG

GO:

Whipple 2.3
WMS Wicked Short Block
WMS Stage III Heads/Cams
60# Injectors
Walbro Twin Fuel Pumps
FTVB w/ Moroso
6lb Lower
3.25 upper
EGR Delete
SCT MAF 2400
SCT XCalII (Tuned by JJ)
DJM Drop Kit (2/4)
WMS Wicked Short Stick TBars
Kooks Long Tube Headers
JDM Hi Flow Mids & Catback
AutoMeter Boost Gauge in Steering Wheel Pod
Dynojet WBC in single pillar pod

SHOW:

20" Boyd Coddington Widows wrapped in 275/40/20 Toyo Proxes
Kenwood Excelon DDX 7015 CD/DVD Head Unit
Alpine 5x7 Components (Front)
Alpine 5x7 (Rear)
Alpine MRV F545 Amp
Kenwood Excelon 10 Disc CD Changer
Harley Interior Handles
Shorty Antenna

DSC00604.JPG

4. Do you have any interesting stories about your Lightning ?

Not that I can think of.

33593-1303-31991.jpg

5. Tell us about yourself, your hobbies, business or work, sports, family, etc.

Well I'm 32 years old....I'm a Sr. Sales Exec at Stockon Incorporated. It's a Direct Mail Production Services Company in Gaithersburg, Maryland. I'm married and have an 8 year old daughter and two crazy *** dogs. I love sports, racing the L, and trying to play golf.

6. How long have you been a user of the NLOC.net, when did you become an NLOC member, and why did you choose to become a member of NLOC ?

I joined NLOC in May 2005. I searched different Lightning forums and NLOC seemed to be the best.

DSC00607.JPG

7. What suggestions do you have to make the NLOC.net website easier to use and navigate?

None.

8. Why did you choose your board user name (screen name) ?

Pretty stupid reason.......everything else I tried to use was taken. I started typing more stupid things until I found something that wasn't taken....thus JDiggy was born.

DSC01359.JPG

9. What are your plans for future changes to your truck ?

There are so many things I would like to do to the truck I can't even begin. It never ends. My plan is to pay off the truck before I do anything else major to it. I would like a Gaylords Speedstur now that I think about it.

10. Whom would you like to thank for help\donations\support for putting the truck together ?

JJ @ WMS without a doubt. My boy Big Los. A ton of folks on here......Fade2Black, ShockTherapy, SloeTruk, SWThomas, T Skelton, and the list goes on and on. There are a ton of great/knowledgeable guys on here. Gotta love the L brotherhood!! And last but not least....my credit cards for providing all the funds. :D

JJs_BBQ.jpg

Congratulations to Jeff Thomas and his 2003 DSG Ford Lightning for Gen 2 Truck of the Month, March 2008!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys!!!

Being just a tad modest aren't we JJ?? Just a small part.... :D

Thanks Fade. Your L is a tough act to follow.

I'm honored to be TOTM.

Truck of the Month

Congratulations jdiggy, What more could a guy ask for, Four pages of pictures and a story in the 2007 Winter issue of Ford Performance Trucks and now NLOC, March, Truck of the Month. Congratulations! Bob

Congratulations jdiggy, What more could a guy ask for, Four pages of pictures and a story in the 2007 Winter issue of Ford Performance Trucks and now NLOC, March, Truck of the Month. Congratulations! Bob

Tell me about it!! Not sure how or why it has all happened but I'm enjoying the ride. ;k

congrats, those are probably the best looking wheels i have ever seen on an L.. great looking truck man!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back