Manual Shift Mode

FMOS Racing

PSI=:-D
I Support the NLOC
About 3 times a year, my daily driver truck suffers from a dead speedometer. It's so intermittent that I can't diagnose what's causing it. One time it happened when I hit an abrupt bump, but the other times seem to be associated with very cold mornings or very hot afternoons, and it's not consistent. When this happens, the truck won't shift.

So, I'm going to install a toggle that I can use to put the ECU into manual mode. This can work with the shift lever, and that would be the easy way... but since when do I do things the easy way?

I'd like to use the "paddle shifter" mode and the cruise control buttons like the Quick 4 does. I don't see any issue with making this work, but I thought I'd ask if anyone had experimented with it yet with the PxS? Raymond uses paddle shifters on his setup, but that's not a PxS.

I think I can use a toggle switch and the voltages sent to the servo for the cruise control coast/accel buttons.

Thoughts? Experiences?

Super interested in how this works out. I love the Quick4, but I'd really love to have all my drivetrain run by the Megasquirt to make tuning and logging exponentially better. One thing I complained about on the MS trans forum was the complexity of the circuit required for manual shift, but that was because I was using the external paddles. I believe the MS manual shift control is setup the way it is to do *exactly* what you are looking to do, utilize OEM steering wheel controls.

Also meant to ask, I am not well versed in the MS trans control, does it have any sort of downshift/RPM protection when in manual mode? When I was first getting used to my paddles, and before muscle memory, I accidentally tried to downshift on a WOT run at the top of 2nd gear. Luckily the Quick4 prevents this!

somewhat related, id like to know which wire you tap into for the steering wheel controls as I tried to tap into the steering wheel controls under the hood at the cruise control plug for my 2 step a while back but that made every steering wheel button my horn. lol.

somewhat related, id like to know which wire you tap into for the steering wheel controls as I tried to tap into the steering wheel controls under the hood at the cruise control plug for my 2 step a while back but that made every steering wheel button my horn. lol.

Haha that was probably the main ground. I **think** you'll want to tap in to the different wires in the clock spring harness under the column cover.

Back