Make This Event As It Will Probably Be The LAST!

NLOC

BBM
I Support the NLOC
Hello to all,

So far the registrations for Lightning/Harley TruckFest have been, to say the least, DISSAPOINTING! Once again everyone wants to have the event, but no one wants to pay or attend. So our message is:

Come to this event as there will be lots of FAST Lightnings, and this will be you only chance to see them all in one place. We had last year's event with only one half of the number attending, that said they would attend.

So far the registrations are even behind last year's numbers at this point in time. We have all of the major vendors/tuners attending, and have worked our butts off to make this event great for all of you, but obviously many do not care!

There are some of the faithful that always work and support the club and events, but that is only a few, and the time has come to "tell it like it is"!

Either support this event or it will be the last!

You asked for HD trucks last year...where are they??

You asked for True Street Truck last year...where are the registrations?

You said that you would pay an adder for the Open Track event...where are the registrations??

All in all this is a real dissapointment to those of us that have worked to make this club grow and prosper.

...Dwight and Nan...

The thing I don't understand is I am giving away to some lucky OT'er a complete set of brakes.So there is no excuse not to try it.I know that is the first thing they say I don't want to burn my brakes up! WELLLLL now is the time to show us what you got!!STan

Big D. Myself and my buddy are going to bring our SVT focus out this year but I cant afford to register until my financial aid pays me back for the 2k I spent on 9 hours of classes and books.

I was there with my lightning last year and WILL be back again this year. Thank you for all the hard work you put into this event!!!!!!!

B

Well so far I only know of me and my buddy bringing ours. I am really looking forward to it especially if there is some cool air. This car is so much fun to turn corners in! Maybe we can get a run down the drag strip against your bad golf cart. LOL!

Uh, how do I get in line for those brakes? Heartland park is not easy on pads and I use all that I have plus some:) Thanks for the support, the Kansas city mustang club will certainly be present!

LightningFest broke even, but only 4 L's on the open track. Open Track was a money loser, so we will not offer it again! :(

:( :( :( :(

I had an absolute blast on the open track. I think part of the problem was soo many people had to drive 6+ hours to get home they just didnt have time to run the open track. I left at 5 and didnt get home until 1:30am and had to be at work the next day at 8. But it was worth every second.

But you need to do what is right for L-fest. If it lost money one of two things needs to happen:
1)Lose it next year.
2)Find a way to promote it to get the entries needed to justify it.

Either way I will be at L-fest next year--it was a hoot!!!!

I would have been on the open track if I didn't have issues.
I paid to be out there. I even paid extra so that my co-pilot could take a few laps around also.

I'd be disappointed to see the open track go, but I understand.
:(
Its far more important to me to have the venue continue than have something that causes a hardship on it.

And as for all the guys complaining that their brakes on their L sucks, well Todd at TCE can hook you up. Although I didn't get to test my own set out, I got to drive SuperCabL's Gen 1 with the Wilwood's and they were simply awesome.

There WILL be a LF next year with the following changes:
1. Different location/track
2. No Open Track or driving instructors unless combined with another groups OT.
3. No HD specific classes in either show or drag...they are welcome to join a L class.
4. We have not decided about diesel class next year
5. The event will probably be 2 days again...drags both days.

We already have the following domains:
LightningFest2005.com, .org, .info, and .net

:dp: :db: :dp: :db: :dp: :db: :dp: :db: :dp: :db: :dp: :db:

BIG D
I am so excited to here that there wil in fact be #3 next year...who would have known that I would end up being so hooked. I knew Larry was quite some time ago...but here I am can't hardly wait until Byron later this month :3g:
As soon as I find out more details as they are avaliable for next year I am going to request the time off cause I can't wait!!
Thanks again for all of your and Nan's hard work to once again make L-fest such a wonderful event!!
Margi

Hmmmm... OTHER Locations.......

Time To Open The Hornet's Nest, Eh D?

My " First Choices "

1) Vegas
2) Texas

MJ351 said:
Hmmmm... OTHER Locations.......

Time To Open The Hornet's Nest, Eh D?

My " First Choices "

1) Vegas
2) Texas

I'd second Texas. Even though I wouldn't mind Vegas, it would make it harder for other people to attend the event. But, Texas would still keep the event in a central location. Besides, the BBQ should be awesome. :db:

I would love to see either OK or north Texas so we can get big numbers.
Or better yet...Rt.66 in Joliet, ILL 40mins from my house:D
Just joking about rt66..Yes it would be awsum to have it close to home, but we will drive anyplace it is held. Dwight/Nan..thank you again for the last two years,and thank you in advance for next year. :tu:

Let the rumors begin!

KCIR!!

2nd choice - Tulsa, 3rd - N Texas somewhere

other possibilities - Memphis, Wichita, Bowling Green, KY . . ?

I'm sure Gateway & Rt66 would be waaaay expensive.

Just let me know where to make hotel reservations - I'm ready!

Last edited:
Well, here's my $.02...

Im not a fan of Texas, for the fact that its SOOO far away, but, oh well, Ill still go if its there!

What other locations are available that are in the center of the US? Central locations are nice, that way no one gets the short end of the stick and have to travel SO much farther than someone else on the other side of the US.

Id toss up a choice, but I dont know any strips! Anyone else got some more, just to jumble up the choices?

Back