Make plans to drive SOUTH Saturday, Jan. 26, 2002

White Lightning(love that name):

I talked(actually emailed) to the owner, Ed Swearingen(sp?) and Jan. 26th is THE date for reopening the track after being closed for the holidays. He loves Lightnings--his wife drives a 2000(?) red Mustang GT and he is building up a 10 sec. Camaro(I think). Very nice people.

Of course, if it's raining, they won't open. Lookin' for cold, dry air with the sun overhead(to warm up us and the track).

Dan

I plan on being there. I see Dan has opened the door for my excuse, not that I'll need one but being an engineer you always have a back-up.
wink.gif

------------------
Paul
'01 Silver L
JDM chip
JL 3lb lower pulley
AIM shackles
12.78@106

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by CornerCarver:
I plan on being there. I see Dan has opened the door for my excuse, not that I'll need one but being an engineer you always have a back-up.
wink.gif

</font>

CornerCarver,

Look forward to seeing you and DL again. Btw, what flavor of engineer are you? I'm an ME myslef, just curious...

Brett

WHITE LIGHTNIN- i would like to get a few folks drivin down to stay over saturday night and party, that would be cool to get a few rooms close at a good rate. wayne

------------------
93 Black #2819 lic#THNDRN
j.e.t. chip
borla nastruck exhaust
level ten shift kit
k&n filter
diesel tube

Like I said at yhe beginning of this post WE CAN PUT TOGETHER THE MOST LIGHTNINGS EVER IN THE STATE OF GEORGIA AND I THINK WE WILL.Dan we might even turn them on to some BLUEGRASS!!Later Dale Red 95 #2075 of #2280 NLOC#687 GLOC#????????? BOLT ON!!!!!!!!!!!

OK Dale, I got 'em lined up--Ralph Stanley and The Clinch Mountain Boys along with Del McCoury and his band. The Soggy Bottom Boys were booked up! They will be set up on the grassy slope near the timing tower---DON'T I WISH! Just kiddin' with Dale, everybody.

I want to be sure the guys and gals that aren't 1/4 mile racers know that they are 'invited' and I promise you, you will have fun just watching the burnouts and the racin' and talkin' with all the L people. This is a relatively new track with high-school type stadium seating and the entire seating area is covered. You will be sitting on aluminum, so bring a blanket and/or pillow.

You never know what vehicles will show up but there could be some very quick fuel cars and, of course, those 'crazy' people, the 10-11 sec. motorcycle guys--those guys give me the 'willies'!

For the Racers: There are 8 lanes sloping downhill towards the 2 staging lanes. You will be able to let your L 'coast/roll' forward and keep from turning it on until you get to 'staging'. Lanes 1,2,3,& 4 are for 'street' vehicles(that's us)--no 'slicks'(does NOT apply to M/T ET Streets) allowed. Lanes 5 & 6 are for bikes and Jr. dragsters while lanes 7 & 8 are for the fuel and funny cars--the vehicles runnin' 'slicks'. Let's fill up 1,2,3,& 4!!

And for those who's cholesterol is too LOW, there will be pork rinds and boiled peanuts on sale.

Dan

[This message has been edited by LIGHTNINROD (edited 12-18-2001).]

[This message has been edited by LIGHTNINROD (edited 12-18-2001).]

I will be there with my 95' stock other than K&N and MSD coil. This is gonna be fun!!

------------------
White 95' #2118
66" Mustang
84' 351W Ranger

Ill be there permitting I dont loose my license tommorow for a speeding ticket.

------------------
93 Black L #5173
White Guage Faces
K&N panel
70 mm throttle body
Underdrives
14 degree timing
Bassani Headers
Off-Road x-pipe
2 chamber flows
0R12881.jpg

THAT IS NOT A GOOD THING DENNIS Hope all goes well tomorrow.

------------------
White 95' #2118
66" Mustang
84' 351W Ranger

Im there on the 26th guys.

------------------
93 Black L #5173
White Guage Faces
K&N panel
70 mm throttle body
Underdrives
14 degree timing
Bassani Headers
Off-Road x-pipe
2 chamber flows
0R12881.jpg

Im there on the 26th guys. Sorry for the double post. Hey Charles you want to ride down there together and anybody else that is coming from north of Atl. We could have a lightning train.

------------------
93 Black L #5173
White Guage Faces
K&N panel
70 mm throttle body
Underdrives
14 degree timing
Bassani Headers
Off-Road x-pipe
2 chamber flows
0R12881.jpg

[This message has been edited by Dennis Saprinsky (edited 12-20-2001).]

hey dennis, and n. ga fellows..lets plan on meeting south of atl on 75 that am about 900
and get a little convoy going that away for sure, this should be cool..wayne

I like the idea of meeting somewhere on I-75, can't wait to see all these lightnings together.

Someone else is going to have to pick a spot for us too meet I dont know where anything is past atlanta.

------------------
93 Black L #5173
White Guage Faces
K&N panel
70 mm throttle body
Underdrives
14 degree timing
Bassani Headers
Off-Road x-pipe
2 chamber flows
0R12881.jpg

Hey everyone sounds good to me. But I may have to show up later. I've got nicet training that day. I'm hoping it will be about half the day. You guys setup a meeting spot, CONVOY. Hey dennis glad to hear everything is ok with your driving status. I hope I don't miss all the fun. Keep me up on whats happening.

Hey Charles Dale here .If you can't make it what issues do we need to talk about and to make this club official cost to join,what type of sticker(that round GLOC looks good), when and where to meet again ect....?I,ve driven up to Atlanta quite a few times and me personally I would meet at the big truckstop about 15 or 20 miles from 285.Its on the left side going S on 75.Easy to get in and out for a group meeting up I think.Maybe someone else from around Macon can think of a better place.ITS A LIGHTNING STORM BREWING!!!!!!!!!Later Red 95 #2075 of #2280 NLOC#687 GLOC#???????BOLT ON!!!!!!!!

------------------

Anybody talk to hotrod to see if he would like to join us. Its not that long of a drive for him to reynolds. Oh yeah Lightningrod last time I ran my truck it went 15.2 if I plan on running a 14 that weekend I need to bring a helmet right. Would a motorcycle helmet work. I can get a motocross helmet its DOT approved.

------------------
93 Black L #5173
White Guage Faces
K&N panel
70 mm throttle body
Underdrives
14 degree timing
Bassani Headers
Off-Road x-pipe
2 chamber flows
0R12881.jpg

[This message has been edited by Dennis Saprinsky (edited 12-21-2001).]

dennis, i think you need the helmet if you run below 14 seconds, have you done something to your truck we are not aware of?
smile.gif

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dennis Saprinsky:
Anybody talk to hotrod to see if he would like to join us. Its not that long of a drive for him to reynolds. Oh yeah Lightningrod last time I ran my truck it went 15.2 if I plan on running a 14 that weekend I need to bring a helmet right. Would a motorcycle helmet work. I can get a motocross helmet its DOT approved.

</font>

Back