Make plans to drive SOUTH Saturday, Jan. 26, 2002

L

LIGHTNINROD

I'll post everything as soon as I get CJ's final OK! Maybe tomorrow?

Dan

Sounds good to me, just hope the date works for everyone. Post away

Dan hey Dale here glad you jumped in on meeting a little closer to us instead of north Ga.I'm working that weekend(work every other).Like I said a few weeks back I think if we could meet a little closer to middle Ga we stand a chance to put together the most Lightnings ever seen in Ga at one time.I work with a guy with a 2001 white and 3 houses down from me another with a red 2001.Another guy at work has a black 93 and 2000.Lets try and work this out.Dale red 95 #2075 of #2280 BOLT ON!!!!!!!!!!Oh yeah country rocks but BLUEGRASS RULES!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------

OK! Here's my idea.

The Silver Dollar Raceway(1/4 mile) reopens on that date. Wouldn't it be great if 10 or 20(?) of you nawth Georgia Lightning guys & gals were to 'convoy' down to Reynolds, Ga. on Saturday morning, January 26, 2002, to arrive at the track around 12pm and then start running our beautiful beasts down the 1/4 mile at 1pm until 5pm?

SDR is NHRA sanctioned/certified. Big parking(grass or dirt) area, restaurant(eat before you get here), restrooms(and porta-pottys), free compressed air, 'easy' tech(sub 14 sec L need helmet, trousers & shirt--sub 13 sec L need above plus driveshaft loop, but they've never checked for mine, and sub 12 sec. needs a roll cage), $20 per driver[as many runs as you can line up for] to run & $5 for spectators[assuming prices haven't changed from this yr,], line-up lanes[8 of them] slope downhill, 'covered stadium-type' seating, race gas(100 u/l, 104-110 leaded) and good people with a relaxed atmosphere.

It would take about 2hours to get to Reynolds, but it's easy to get to it. Drive South on I-75, take I-475 by-pass around Macon, rejoin I-75 below Macon at mile marker 155, exit at m/m 149(Byron, Ga, fast food, Texaco, Shell, & Chevron available here). Take(turn right) H'wy 49(good 4 lane) South for about 8 or 9 miles(look for a small golf course on your right) and turn right at Junction-49 sign. Drive about 3 miles to H'wy 96. Turn right(West) onto '96--Reynolds is about 9 miles from here. Be on the lookout for DEER and watch for the active R/R crossing. Follow 96 thru(dog-leg) Reynolds--the track turn-off is about 1 mile West of town. Look for lighted, small billboard sign on the left.

Can't you see it? A dozen or more Lightnings lined up next to each other--just 'waitin' to 'bolt' down the track. If you have questions, you can call me between 8:30am-10:30am and from 12pm-3:30pm on week days at 1-800-926-2136--ask for Dan.

this would be cool. coming from cedartown 80 miles n oF atl, i would probably get a hotel if anyone would be interested in staying over night partying we could get a few rooms at a budget hotel for those coming from n. atl area.
anyone familiar with the area as far as hotels and so on? wayne

Wayne: There are a couple of motels in Ft. Valley--about 10 miles east of the track(on H'wy 96). Johnny Lightning and Sue stayed at a motel in Perry--about 22 miles East of the track, when he raced at SDR back in the spring--that's right, you'll be able to post some new best times where JL laid the smack down(I'm 62--don't believe I said 'that') at the NMRA event. Perry is a 'big'(small town) tourist location--lot's of eateries and motels. There is one motel/restaurant in Reynolds, but I don't know anything about it.

Dan

Bah!! You boys better do your homework! I'm gonna be there to lay the smack down on all Lightnings in my T/A. Seriously...it would be awesome to see you guys get together and see what you all run on the same track. I believe they are doing an upgrade to the launch pad as well over the winter. Dan get off the internet so I can call you! I made it to the "elite" club you mentioned
smile.gif

cablebandit--you dork!

Hey guys, he's been my 'mentor'--helping since right after I started drag racin back in June. CB helped me get into the 12s at this very same track--and from what he posted, he's in the 11s(long, loud Rebel yell!)!! He loves/respects our Ls too; it's just his mother made him get a Trans Am--LOL.

You were going to call me at work--what happened?

Dan

Hey guys, what's up? I'll try to make and I have two friends w/ Ls, so maybe we can all come if schedules work out and add 3 more to the roster!
--Jeff

------------------
2001 White L #4290 (built on May 24, 2001)

Alright Dan, you finally talked me into it! If I can drive to Augusta to race, why not Reynolds.

Calender: Jan 26, 2002 now = busy!
biggrin.gif

Come on GLOC, let's make this our biggest meet yet!!!

------------------
Brett

'01 SVT Lightning
Black

MGW Satin Auto Shift Knob
MGW Satin A/C Knobs
MGW Satin SVT Lighter
MGW SVT Hitch Plug
BedRug

No performance mods...yet!
Soon to be JL Enhanced!

13.760@99.81 (2800 miles, stock)

518-664-5300.jpg

***The BlackCloud Photo Gallery***

'92 Mustang GT
Solid Emerald Green

Ported GT40 Heads, Cobra Intake, E303 Cam, 24lb Injectors, C&L 73mm Mass Air, BBK 65mm TB, 1 5/8" Headers, 2 1/2" Dynomax Ultra Flo Catback, 3.73 Gears, MAC Strut Tower Brace, Eibach Springs, MM Caster/Camber Plates, MM Full Length Subframe Connectors, '93 Cobra Rear Bumper, LX Taillights & Tailpipes

Sorry, double post...

[This message has been edited by BlackCloud (edited 12-08-2001).]

Guys, a crowd is buildin'--thanks for the early responses. Spread the word.

SDR's web site is www.silverdollarraceway.com
Lots of info there.

For those new to 1/4 milin', there will be plenty of friendly people to help and advise--some will even be drivin' Lightnings-LOL. This is very important--after you've passed the 1/4 mile 'trap', start slowin' down and look for the 2nd(you'll be goin' too fast to make the 1st.) turn-off to the left. If you miss it, DON'T TURN AROUND ON THE TRACK--keep goin' to the 3rd turn-off(where the fuel & funny cars end up).

Ice bags will be for sale at $1.50/bag(convinience stores usually sell them around here for $1.00) I would bring plenty of drinkin' water with you although soft drinks will be for sale. I will try to remember to bring my one extra helmet(small size)--the track has 1 or 2 loaners.

More to follow........

Dale, sorry I didn't say anyhting back to you earlier--had a 'brain-fart'. Hope you can make it too.

Rusty, get to work and get those East Georgia Ls over here too.

Dan

Sounds great I will be there! Can someone e-mail me details on joining the club (If you all will let a Alabama Lightning hang out)LOL at least I work in GA!

a351ranger@cs.net

Thanks

------------------
White 95' #2118
66" Mustang
84' 351W Ranger

rpm: Welcome--you're just in 'west' Columbus! Come on over and join us. You will come out of Columbus--east on H'wy 80--I think? Look for H'wy 96 East somewhere near Tallbaton(?). Stay on 96 thru Butler. Reynolds is about 8 or 9 miles east of Butler and the track is about 1 mile west of Reynolds. You'll turn right at the SDR sign.

Any questions--call me at work at 1-800-926-2136.

Dan

More info on SDR.......as you approach the track(after turning off H'wy 96), tune your FM radio to 91.9 and you will start hearing the track announcer as he let's us know what's going on. This will be a simulcast along with WDEN(99.1 without the track simulcast)--a country music station out of Macon.

Be sure and bring cameras--35mm and digital--if you have them. Also bring helmets(required if you run sub 14 secs., and you will!), air gauge(I have one if you don't), and any mods you no longer need--might get a sale?

I-475(Macon by-pass-take it) was recently widened and repaved-nice! H'wy 49(South and West out of Byron is a 4-lane with a center median--good road. H'wy 96 was recently repaved--good road but only two-lane--be careful--watch out for deer!

New 'best ets' on the way!

Dan

[This message has been edited by LIGHTNINROD (edited 12-15-2001).]

Hey guys I am new to the LOC but I look forward to being a part of the largest gathering of Lightnings. I really hope everybody shows.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by lightninggen1:
Hey guys I am new to the LOC but I look forward to being a part of the largest gathering of Lightnings. I really hope everybody shows. </font>

Lightninggen1: Glad you're coming. I have seen only one Gen1 up close and that was just for a minute or two. I hope we get a dozen or more of each!

Dan

Hey CornerCarver,

You going to make it? Dan can you shame him into going, I know he's scared of your truck..LOL

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DL:
Hey CornerCarver,

You going to make it? Dan can you shame him into going, I know he's scared of your truck..LOL

</font>

I know it's a long way for you guys but I hope both of you can make it. I can't wait to see how his F1s hook up at SDR--oh yeah!

Dan

hey guys i just wanna say i have been waiting for something like this down south for like 4 years. i have been a member of nloc but all the meets is up north and i read all the time bout what fun they always have meeting everyone. so i just wanna say DAN YOU THE MAN!!!! And put me down for sure! im almost positive i can get clint and mr bobby to come too. so write us east ga lightning boys down for atleast 3 maybe more!!!! This is gonna be so awesome. ill bring round 3 helmets 2 extras just in case someone forgets. i forgot the first time i went and i had to borrow DANS Stinking helmet haha J/K! ya dl and cornercarver all of u jackson boys come too lets make this the biggest lightning meet in the south east!

------------------
99' Red lightning best 1/8th et 8.277 best mph although not on this run 85.66mph that run was 84.60 mph. best 1/4 mile et 12.920 best mph 106.04 mph.
mods: jl chip, jl ram air, jl filter, 90 mm maf, full bassani exhaust, jl 3# pulley, nitto 555R dr's 315/35 17's

Back