Lower intake options?

RPM289

Paid NLOC Member
I Support the NLOC
Are there any other intakes that fit 351w out there? I got one for my engine but will need one for black truck. or may just go holley on one of them.

I don't believe there are any other factory intakes that fit the gt40 upper for a 351 except an s351 mustang (which is the same and significantly more rare than our trucks). Are you looking for just the lower to use the stock upper or a full replacement? Are you looking for performance based or just EFI? stock 351w trucks came EFI so I'd think those wouldn't be too hard to find.

Performance based EFI is a bit tricky lately. Trickflow made a post saying 2024 they would have their whole SBF line up back but who know when that will happen. holley hi ram is a good performance option but needs their distributor or a cam sync. carb style efi is an option but I think it only really suits a max effort type build since they flow so much at high RPM.

So if one was to run a stock 95 Non Lightning lower is the only upper available the tall dual inlet one?

No you can run any sbf upper as long as it matches the lower. Just flip it so the TB is on the right side.
Edelbrock, Trick Flow, holley systemax, or holleys new ram intakes.

*Edit* I misread that, if its a non L, then your limited too the dual TB, unless you swap out for a single TB.

Last edited:
So if one was to run a stock 95 Non Lightning lower is the only upper available the tall dual inlet one?

5.0 truck uppers are different ports than 5.8 truck. I have heard of people porting the 5.8 truck lower to match 5.0 truck uppers/Holley Systemax ports.

Big Dog porting is an option. They are just slow. Not sure if you have a proper upper already and just looking for an upgrade or looking to get more than stock

I have a non Lightning lower looking for options to bolt on it.

Back