Lost Sync Reason 13

Required

Paid NLOC Member
I Support the NLOC
This week I was driving to the corner store doing some trans tuning and had my truck a stumble, blip then all out die in the parking lot. I had this happen last year prior to the PiMP at the LMR cruise while in traffic. I blamed my crazy big Derale fans, MSD 6A and Coil last time, until recently it happened again with a diff fan controller, diff coil and PiMP. I attached a log if it helps. I think fuel, battery, etc are fine, I'm leaning towards either a wiring connection or heat induced issue (which could still be wiring).

When it happens I do the normal pop the hood, check connections, reseat them, try and start, check again. Then it starts and I go on my merry way.

Attachments

• 2023-11-13_11.38.25.mlg.zip
    647.3 KB · Views: 2
It's interesting because just before the code is logged your RPM spikes to like 4200 RPM with no other corresponding change (like TPS or MAP) then the truck runs a bit has some more RPM variations and finally sets the code. Further on it looks like it actually dies. My 1st impression is you are having issues with the tach signal, when that get's erratic all sorts of bad things happen. You can see sometimes the truck thinks your cranking (because of the low RPM) AE is happening etc.

It's interesting because just before the code is logged your RPM spikes to like 4200 RPM with no other corresponding change (like TPS or MAP) then the truck runs a bit has some more RPM variations and finally sets the code. Further on it looks like it actually dies. My 1st impression is you are having issues with the tach signal, when that get's erratic all sorts of bad things happen. You can see sometimes the truck thinks your cranking (because of the low RPM) AE is happening etc.
Yeah, it’s a weird one. It happened before the ECU change so I’m going with the pickup or wiring. Either way I’m going to the cruise lol.

Back