Looking For...

BryzLightning

MCMXCIII
...A stroker kit for my 93 Lightning. I would like to use good forged parts and keep the comp. ratio reasonable for possible boost at a later time. And, like everyone else, I need to try and do this on a budget.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Bryan

We need a little more info to get the right combo of parts.What heads are you currently or going to use?Cam?Reuse the stock block?Turbo or supercharger?377 383 393 408 427??Daily use or strictly track?Need this info then I can get some combo's put together.
Matt
PSI

Well, I am not exactly sure but I have heard that there is a way to make a 393 pretty easily :? I plan to use the truck for hauling (mostly light stuff) and driving to the racetrack about 3 hours away. I plan on reusing the stock block, and I would love to someday in the future add a turbo set-up. I am planning to use a set of aluminum heads if the budget holds. I would like the truck to be street friendly, but it does not need to be a daily driver. I hope that gives you some idea of what I am looking for.

Thanks again

Bryan.

Bryan,
A 393 kit including crank,rods,(scat)pistons,(probe)rings,(sealed power)Bearings,(king),hyd roller cam,(comp)oil pump & screen(melling)hp drive,(canton)gaskets,(fel-pro)main girdle,(probe)shipped & balanced,$2430.00.
This kit is ready to go less the machine work on your block and balanced to re-use your balancer/flexplate.Will yield approx 9.2 comp ration for use with small turbo kit.Cam will be made to turbo specs so no change will be required at a later date.
Matt
PSI

Any idea what that combination would yield, hp wise? Just curious. Also, how would that cam be for an n/a application(it may take awhile for the turbo)?

Thanks again

Bryan

With an AFR 185 head should be 420-440hp at the crank.480-500 ft lbs torque.Cam will fine n/a.Basing these numbers off of one we just finished but it was 10.6:1 comp ratio.Yours would be a little less with the 9.0:1 (or thereabouts)compression.

Back