Look what I found on Craigslist!

Okay, that makes sense... I never looked at it like that. Should I order the Hotchkis caster/camber kit when I order my clunk-washer fix before getting the truck aligned? I guess what I am asking is a caster/camber kit needed with the Belltech spindles, since it doesn't change the geometry as much as drop coils? Also, since I don't have the Hotchkis kit, would it be best to have them set the alignment up for a stock Lightning or the Hotchkis measurements?

I really just want this truck to handle a lot better than it did stock... I know I still need aftermarket sway-bars and stifflers parts, I was just tired of the body roll the truck had in corners and when turning. Though it might have had something to do with the stock Bilstein shocks with 161,000 miles... lol.

I thought of something else to add last night. Soft springs and big sway bars are all the rage on race cars right now. That's because they want the car to ride around the track as low as possible, which means they have to rely on aerodynamic downforce to push them down. With the ride height legal and stiffer springs the aero forces aren't enough to do it, so they run a really soft spring and set the car up to ride around on the bumpstops all day long. The big sway bars are there more to keep the suspension on the inside wheels pushed up against the bumpstop than to prevent the outside from compressing. In other words, the soft spring/big bar combo is a result of aerodynamic needs, not handling needs.

I forgot about the camber/caster kit and clunk fix. Moog sells camber bolt kits. You can get them at a lot of parts stores and they are a lot cheaper. I think mine was $30, but that was probably 5 or 6 years ago. On the clunk fix, if you get the chassis brace it should take care of it. The front half of the brace locates on the bolts that slip and should keep them from moving.

Back