Long Tube Header??????

baby2000

Hey Icepick i have been thinking of getting so long tubes from you but i have a question. Do i really the crossover pipe? I was thinking of installing the headers, one on each side of course and running a muffler from each side and exit right in front of each of the rear tires would this work?

Hello,

It would work but you would have to pull the front gas tank to get an exit in front of each tire... I strongly recommend running a crossover... It gives the system a more tuned sound and quiets the noise level... Most people don't realize just how loud a dual 3 inch setup can be... IMO your better off to do the exhaust system once and do it right, trail and error can get very expensive!

Hope this helps! ;w
Dave

Hello,

I can sell you a universal H-pipe for $50 if you want to build your own exhaust, this would need cutting and welding for the correct fit or I guess i could sell you just the headers and H-pipe done and you can finish it from there if you wanted to do that...
p30_dsh.jpg

I used Twisters and Mac mufflers on this one... I'm not sure exactly what your tring to do but the gas tank needs to come out to do it like the picture above...

;w

Last edited:
Back