Lightning Saturday in Columbia - 8/26

V

Vern

ATTENTION ALL MLOs (and anybody else who wants to come): LIGHTNING SATURDAY AT JOE MACHENS FORD IN COLUMBIA, AUG 26.

All the details are yet to be worked out, but I really believe it will happen. I just came from a meeting with one of the owners, and they are willing to sponsor a Lightning Cruise/Show for us. They will reserve parking for us, either in their lot, or across the street in the Big K lot, advertise and promote it, show some of their trucks (they have 2 L2s right now), let their Lightning owners know about it, and even give out prizes. It will most likely be from 10am till 4pm. It would really be great for us to get together, bench race, bs, and show our trucks. And great advertising for Machens Ford.

It's a great location, lots of traffic and exposure. Across the street there is a Stake n Shake, Pizza Hut, KFC, and Hardees, so there's not shortage of food. However, they may even supply some of that.

BONUS: For those intrepid souls who feel this is not enough, there is a Cruise in Jeff City (25 miles south) that evening, and we could crash that, also.

So, KC and StL Lightning owners, get together and cruise in to Columbia on Sat, Aug 26! Mark it on your calendar. I'll fill in with more details later, after I get back from Reno and meet with them again.

Also, they just sold a Cobra R, and it may also be there! Ok, I'll shut up for now. Everybody, let me know if you can make it, as I'll need a relatively good number to give to them next time we meet. Later -

------------------
VJ Racing
Black 93 #3181
nloc 72
13.85@98

I MAYBE CAN MAKE IT :0 I LIKE TO HAVE MORE DETAIL? THANKS
CA--FROM KC,MO

hay vern count me in aug 26. me and shawn will drive down togather. had a good time at the track. shawn and i looked like twins one white the other black. the first run shawn cut a better light (go figure) but i ran a better time we were side by side the whole time the second time we traded trucks with the same out come. this time we ran the same et with the same mph. got to go . talk at ya later....

------------------
Five0 Drw
nolc# 354
#63 "n" 95

Hi Vern,
Well throw my name into the hat and chalk one up on the board as this sounds like a blast! I may be still road shot after coming back from the drive to Detroit so this drive will seem like I went to the grocery store. So I will await your updates and hope you pull this off.
Troy

------------------
99 Lightning-no mods yet but PSP products in the future
97 Probe GT- stock

Count me in. Ill be looking forward to it.

Ill see who I can round up from the East-side of the state over here.

Bobby, Chris, you guys in on this one ??

------------------
Tommy
NLOC Member 480
Black Lightning #905 in '93
13.521 @ 99.97

vern got some bad new's if you check you kcir event flyer the gathering that you are having in c-town is the same day as the fox hunt here at kcir. i will not be able to make it out there. we have to get the car (vett) set up and ready to go for the sat. run. sorry. just an fyi.

------------------
Five0 Drw
nolc# 354
#63 "n" 95

Donald, really sorry to see that you can't make it.
frown.gif
Didn't know that this would conflict with the Fox Hunt race till just now.

I really need some more people to tell me that they can make it for this to happen. Right now, I have Shawn, Carl (maybe), and Troy from KC and Tommy from StL. Come on guys, help me out here. - Vern

------------------
VJ Racing
Black 93 #3181
nloc 72
13.85@98

Hey Vern,
Yo Yo Yo it's Tony over here !!!!
I live in Chicago but I got nothin goin on over here dat weekend so how 'bout it ?
Could you use a wise ass from Illinois ?
Just give me some directions. Later.

Hey Vern, Melody and I are still planning on coming. Even if the show you are planning doesn't go threw. If you still want to crash that cruise night, let me know. Also we are thinking about just staying the night in a hotel. Is there a Ramada or a Drury Inn around there?

Thanks
Shawn

[This message has been edited by RhinoRacn (edited 08-16-2000).]

Well guys and gals, I tried. But, our local Ford Dealer, Joe Machens Ford, can't do it on the 26th. Reasons are mainly 2 - they have a conflict and the August heat. They still want to do it, but a little later in the Fall. I'll be talking with them, and hopefully we can come to a mutually agreeable day to have it (on a non-football Saturday).

However, the Supercruise in Jeff City is still on. They meet in the old Cedar City at 4pm, across the river from Jeff City. That's about 20 miles down US63 from Columbia. I say old because it got washed away in the Flood of '93. Then they cruise into downtown Jeff City at 5pm and show until around 10. It'll still be fun for some of us to cruise down there together. I'll post more details later today.

Tony, you are certainly welcome to join us, wise-ass and all, but I can understand if you rethink it now.

Shawn, I sent you an email regarding Hotels. Does anybody else need hotel info?

I'll send out an email to all MLOs again to update everyone.

Vern J.

Vern have we got a concensus on where to meet if we decide to drive on Sat.? I'm still trying to weasel my way out of working the next two weekends but Ford is making some mandatory
frown.gif
. If you could post any new info on meeting place or cruising/parking in here I would appreciate it since I don't have email currently. Thanks.

------------------
99 Lightning-no mods yet but PSP products in the future
97 Probe GT- stock

Troy, here's the deal on Sat if you can make it. We will meet at Crossroads West Shopping Center in Columbia, starting at 3pm. Leave at 4pm for Jeff City. They meet just outside Jeff City from 4 till 5, then cruise on into downtown. It's about 25 minutes from Columbia. Downtown businesses stay open late, and they block off a few blocks for the cars (and trucks). Don't know about this weekend, but they have had upwards of 300 cars there.

Directions to Crossroads West Shopping Center: take exit 124 off I-70 (State Hwy 740/Stadium Blvd). That'll be the 1st Columbia exit coming from KC. Make a right off I-70, go 4 stop lights (Broadway) and make another right. Crossroads West will be on your immediate right (corner of Stadium Blvd and Broadway). I'll be there about 2:30. There's a decent burger/pizza place there if anybody wants to get something to eat. That's probably where I'll be (they have beer).

Any and all are welcome.
Thanks,
Vern

To everyone that is coming from Kansas City lets meet at Hooter's on 40 Hwy at 12:30. By the time everyone gets there and such we should be able to leave at 1 and make it there by 3. Anyone planning on coming please reply to this so I will know who to wait for encase you are late.

Thanks
Shawn

IS THIS EVENT STILL ON? LET ME KNOW!

------------------
00 SILVER L
NO MODS YET!

Well, half of it is. The big show that I was trying to put together at the Ford Dealer fell through for now. It may be scheduled later in the fall.

But, some of us are meeting and cruising down to Jeff City for their monthly "Supercruise". See directions above in case you can make it. Feel free to email me for any more info.

See ya Saturday,
Vern

------------------
VJ Racing
Black 93 #3181
nloc 72
13.85@98

Back