Lightning/Harley TruckFest 2004 Logo

Hello to all,

We have revised the event name to Lightning/Harley TruckFest 2004.. Check the event name on the first page of this thread.

Some HD truck were not supercharged, nor were any of the Gen 1s when stock.

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the email and logo. We will put all of the entries up soon.

...Dwight...

NHTOC entry

This is the in-process work of glass1217 on the NHTOC website!

LogoCrop25.gif

Dwight, I am for one am willing to pay for a quality T-shirt. I know last year you gave shirts away with paying Lightning fest participants. Maybe you should have it so people can have the OPTION to buy them when they pay for the registration. This way you don't have to print too many shirts and get stuck with them when no one wants extras.

Whatr color are the shirts going to be? I ruined my white one from last year. Wish we had gray.

Here is Kevin Lawson's entry #1. Kevin's 2003 entry was the one used last year. Kevin stuck to the 2 color rule, but we may re-think the multiple colors...Jason has a some good food for thought.

BTW, we still have LF2003 t-shirts for sale....hint, hint:D

...Dwight...

Here is Kevin's entry
1-9-2176.jpg

Thanks for the info John.:tu:

The major deciding factor is the cost of printing or screening the shirts.

Wild Colors in the Logo!

OK everyone...the latest from the printers!

Any amount of overall colors are OK, but here are the rules for the files (which MUST be ".psd or .ai" files as we can convert psd to ai):
  • Each color must be a separate layer.
  • There will be 4 color layers (see Adobe's explanation below).
  • All fonts must be saved as "outlines", and on a separate layer
  • The background color (shirt) must be white

Here is the description of the 4 color process from Adobe Illustrator:
How Illustrator uses the CMYK model

You can work with color values using the CMYK color mode, which is based on the CMYK color model. In CMYK mode, each of the CMYK process inks can use a value ranging from 0 to 100%. The lightest colors are assigned small percentages of process ink colors; darker colors have higher percentage values. For example, a bright red might contain 2% cyan, 93% magenta, 90% yellow, and 0% black. In CMYK objects, low ink percentages are closer to white, and high ink percentages are closer to black.
Use CMYK when preparing a document to be printed using process inks.

By using these rules, we can have wild, "the sky is the limit" colored shirts. This process allows "printing" the T-Shirt as opposed to "screening" the shirt.:hail:

Now let those creative juices flow!:tipsy:

...Dwight...

Back