Lfest/NMRA Joliet

Vern

Time to fess up - I'm not going to be able to make it this time. I know it'll probably be the last Lfest, but the financial reality has hit me and I just can't do it. This year I'm sticking close to home and making some local shows and cruises and whatever Vamp races I can.

No Shawn, nothing wrong, just need a retune. Running without the chip right now. Right now I just can't let go of the $$ that it would cost to go to Joliet.

Sorry to hear that Vern!
I was looking forward to the tough competition you bring.
Although between you not coming and Reddog Willy not being able to race, I might actually have a shot at the 13.00 slot this year.
Hope to see the rest of you guys down/up there.

sorry to say there has been a change of plans--we wont be at joliet this year---as much as we hate to miss this exiting event and see the LIGHTNING FAMILY again---but with the lack of work and now the impending threat of a flood in my small missouri river town--we are making plans to move when and if the time comes---

Good luck Will!! Since Dave and Reddog aren't gonna make it, you're probably a shoe-in - so go kick some butt!

On the more serious side, we're all hoping and praying that DP stays dry. For those that don't know, he lives right across the Missouri river from St Joe, MO and is in pretty serious danger of getting flooded out if the river goes over the levees. So, even if he could make Lfest, he can't leave home for awhile in case they have to evacuate.

Hope all goes well for you Dave! Will be thinking about you.
Back in 2002 I rode the Lewis and Clark trail on my Harley, so I can still visualize all the small towns along the Missouri. One of my favorite books was written by one of Vern's neighbors (William Least Heat Moon). It's called River Horse and it follows his coast to coast trip by water. He did the lower Missouri during this time of year so he would have enough water in the upper part. I think I read that whole section with clenched teeth. That river is one powerful son of a gun.

hey thanks guys---we are hoping it wont last as long as they predict either--the main concern is mother nature and the amount of rain she lets fall in the river basin north of us and how fast the snow pack melts ---

dave

Good luck Will!! Since Dave and Reddog aren't gonna make it, you're probably a shoe-in - so go kick some butt!QUOTE]

Well Vern... even without you there we still couldn't pull it off:no:
I guess even a 13.0277 average just won't cut it in Joliet:cr1:

Back