launching with Nitto 555's

ZZZZAP

striking twice
I did a search and found plenty of threads relating to the DR's but not much on the radial 555's. Seeing as my L is a weekend warrior at the moment I opted for some new 555's instead of the DR's. So what's the trick to getting the radials to hook? I'm not sure how much about the DR's can be applied to the radial 555's. Do I heat them up well with a 5-6sec burnout? Is it best to stage and stab it or roll into it aggressively? What tire pressure should I start with? I know I'll have to do some tweaking at the track, I just need a baseline to start with since the only experience I have is with the F1's. Any info is good info!

I doubt you would treat them any different from any other street tire. Everything I have read about launching with street tires says just give 'em a quick spin to knock the dust off them and go easy onthe launch until you feel them hook.

Yep, just a quick spin to knock of the dust, and lay into it a little easier.

I've got 295/45/19's on my Mustang, same size as on the L, and I tried 25psi last weekend, and was pulling 2.2 60'. Dropped the pressure to 23psi and starting running 2.0 60' consistently, which still sucks, but better than 2.2's. I thought about going lower, but was worried about cupping due to underinflation.

Taking the L out this weekend, I think I'll start with 25psi and go down from there.

i could cut low 1.8's and high 1.7's on my 555's... 18 lbs and heat em up pretty good. id just heat em up till i saw them smoke a lil bit then let out of the brake and ride it out... worked good for me

i run them around 15psi and spen them up really well. and let off the break and ride it out.. and hold on b/c when they grab it pics up the front end... NOT off the ground but it fully decompresses the suspention.. and i can cut low 1.8 high 1.7

Back