Laguna Seca?

Ruslow

Open Track at Laguna,Dec 31.60 entries only will include INSTRUCTOR 395.00 will include breakfast and lunch.If interested call 949-489-9432,ask for Carl or Judy.
This is posted on the SilverState Board.Stan

Thanks Stan!
Here are several links regarding this event:

Silver State Classic Forum

Driving Concepts

Doubletree Hotel

Laguna Seca

BTW, if you plan on doing this event, and you don't have the stock air box, you will exceed the 92 db noise limit and will get black flagged. Three black flags and you're out for the day. I got two black flags in my first three laps, but still managed to boil my brake fluid.

Spike

[This message has been edited by Spike Engineering (edited 12-02-2001).]

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by captainoblivious:
Originally posted by thepawn:
...Spike - airboxes make that much difference in noise, I'm glad I left my stock one on.
1st lap - Warm up.
2nd lap - Black flag - 92.7 dB
3rd lap - Black flag and warning (one more black flag and you're out) - 97 dB (???)
Rest of day - easy past turn 4 and turn 6.

Spike

With too much drift coming out of turn 5, you could run off the track and up close to the tower. Maybe kicking up some dirt to get back on the track would clog the mic!

Spike

Maybe a high speed spin!!!But on purpose this time.
biggrin.gif

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by thepawn:
*sigh* California is so far away.</font>

California doesn't have the only road courses!
biggrin.gif

For you east coasters, National Auto Sport Association Virginia Region (NASA-Virginia) has driving schools. 2002 includes dates at Summit Point Raceway, Virginia International Raceway, Lowes Motorspeedway (includes infield portion), and Carolina Motorsports Park.

There's also NASA-Northeast (http://www.nasanortheast.net/ ... but the site isn't responding right now), and they usually run at Lime Rock Park and I think Watkins Glen.

------------------
Pat
'00 Lightning, #981
'91 Sentra SE-R, SCCA/NASA racecar
'93 Sentra SE-R, sold
frown.gif

[This message has been edited by SVT SE-R (edited 12-04-2001).]

I know.
smile.gif
Its just more fun running with other people... I only know one Ligthning around here that will road-race.

Plus, Laguna Seca is a gorgeous track...*sigh* I'd love to run it someday.

Daniel

I just picked up a cage for the Probe, now a brake upgrade and I'll be ready to rumble... I'm thinking that by early Feb I'll have the cage in, brakes upgraded, new struts installed, and engine swap completed.

I hope this doesn't become a disease like dragging has...

[This message has been edited by FMOS Racing (edited 12-04-2001).]

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DreaminAboutL:
Jeffrey sir: Road racing is far FAR FAR more addictive than drag racing.</font>
I'm addicted.

I tried blaming it on Stan the other night while on the phone with him. He laughed. Then, I tried blaming it on Dreamin. He laughed again and told me to look in a mirror.

------------------
Regards,

Spike
decshow.jpg

---------
Red 2000 Lightning, #4033
1967 CJ-5 (0 - 3 mph: yes)
White 1996 Whippet (600 yard course, 6 turns: 40 Seconds)
Red Wheaton 1995 Ridgeback (1/2 loaf of bread, 6 bites, 4 seconds)
2001 RR Puppy: 0 to destroy! - next 10 months

Back