Kenne Bell Supercharger

J

Jason L

I have just installed a Kenne Bell supercharger on my 93 L. The installation looks great, like a factory install. It goes pretty good too. Along with the package, I added a boost-a-pump. I'm wondering if any of you guys know what the optimum setting for the boost-a-pump and timing retard would be? Kenne Bell also talks about listening for pre-detonataion while in the throttle, and as soon as its heard, get off the gas. The problem is, I'm not sure what it sounds like. Is it very noticible, loud, etc? Kenne Bell recommends the installation of a fuel pressure gage. Any ideas on the best place to install the gage in the fuel system? Do you know of any after market suppliers for pillar mounts in the cab?
Jason.

------------------
Jason L

AutoMeter makes gauge pods for the A-pillar. Great place for both fuel pressure and boost gauges.

I'll have to leave the other questions to guys who ran FMUs and stock electronics since when I had my Kenne Bell, I ran 30# injectors and a proportionate retard plus custom mass air tuning.

------------------
Later!
Jeff S.
President, NLOC
#74 in '95 - 11.92@115.2
#?? in '00 - 13.68@99.5

jason congrats on the kenny bell instal. the easy fuel pressure gauge is the electric autometer 2in fits in a 2in pod you can mount on your a piler. the rest of the gauge hook up is a breeze. the fuel pressure sensor screws in to the fuel rail run the hot wire into the cab and hook it to the control box wich comes with the gauge.follow instructions the kit come's complete. you have to buy a fuel rail adaptor think it is a 3276 auto meter part.

------------------
Five0 Drw
nolc# 354
#63 "n" 95

[This message has been edited by five0drw (edited 06-21-2000).]

Thank you guys for your help. Calling up Summit right now for the guage set up from auto meter along with the pillar mount.

------------------
Jason L

Back