Sold: Kenne Bell 1.5 complete kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wax's94L

Nuclear Banana!!
SOLD!! Blower is headed to NJ to Brian (lightningmurf). Thanks NLOC!

Last edited:
Pics

MattphonestuffJan2015606_zps6649b876.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
MattphonestuffJan2015600_zps79494d29.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
MattphonestuffJan2015597_zps8c04aa6a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
MattphonestuffJan2015598_zpsf37d77e2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
MattphonestuffJan2015596_zps83b25297.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
MattphonestuffJan2015593_zps1ea7578c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
MattphonestuffJan2015587_zpsac4d9a67.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
MattphonestuffJan2015586_zps1fe4d0fe.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
MattphonestuffJan2015583_zps3607db5e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
MattphonestuffJan2015602_zpse6348cf9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Dang I wish I had the extra cash.

Man I wish you did too. I'm only an hour away from Mobile......no shipping..

Just sell some guns or guitars, that's what I always do!

- - - Updated - - -

Dang I wish I had the extra cash.

Man I wish you did too. I'm only an hour away from Mobile......no shipping..

Just sell some guns or guitars, that's what I always do!

Are you sure its the 2.2???
I thought all the bigger KB's had the bypass valve,
That said, I sure liked the little 1.6 KB I have, cant wait to put it back on another truck.
My pulley is the same as your (larger) pulley, and it made a solid 7psi from just off idle to redline.

That said, I sure liked the little 1.6 KB I have, cant wait to put it back on another truck.
My pulley is the same as your (larger) pulley, and it made a solid 7psi from just off idle to redline.

I'm no KB expert by any means, but I wanted to know which KB was on this truck when I was looking to buy it last year. I had the prev owner give me the numbers off the blower itself (TS 3000-8) and did some online research. Everything I found using that number said it was a 2.2. I didn't want to go by other people's word, especially people I don't know on other forums, but I was satisfied when I found an old KB price list published by KB listing the TS 3000-8 kit as a 2.2 blower. Don't know if the bypass valve was an early/late production thing?

Even after that research last year, I damn sure don't want to misrepresent what I have and am selling on here. To me, reputation is everything. You kind of get that beaten into you in the military and I've been in almost 23 years now. If there are any other KB experts out there reading this, please feel free to provide any further info.

I'll pull some more recon today and see if I can get ahold of someone at KB in order to get solid verification straight from the manufacturer. I have a busy day at work today, so I'll post up what I find this evening.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm no KB expert by any means, but I wanted to know which KB was on this truck when I was looking to buy it last year. I had the prev owner give me the numbers off the blower itself (TS 3000-8) and did some online research. Everything I found using that number said it was a 2.2. I didn't want to go by other people's word, especially people I don't know on other forums, but I was satisfied when I found an old KB price list published by KB listing the TS 3000-8 kit as a 2.2 blower. Don't know if the bypass valve was an early/late production thing?

Even after that research last year, I damn sure don't want to misrepresent what I have and am selling on here. To me, reputation is everything. You kind of get that beaten into you in the military and I've been in almost 23 years now. If there are any other KB experts out there reading this, please feel free to provide any further info.

I'll pull some more recon today and see if I can get ahold of someone at KB in order to get solid verification straight from the manufacturer. I have a busy day at work today, so I'll post up what I find this evening.

Just talked to KB Tech Support and the guy was very familiar with these blowers. Not all bigger KBs had a bypass. If the kit was ordered with options (Blowzilla or Flowzilla) they had a bypass valve installed from KB.
The way to tell the actual displacement is by the serial number on the side of the bearing plate. A 2.2 serial will start with 422, a 1.5 will start with 3150, 1.7 with a 417, 1.8 with a 418, etc... I'll have to check my serial number after work today.
The difference in the decal #'s on the front of the blowers for the TS 3000 series (TS3000-6 vs. TS3000-8) is the pulley size (PSI) with the kit. A 3000-5 has 2 and 3/4 inch pulley, 3000-6 has 2 and 5/8, 3000-8 has 2 and 1/2.

- - - Updated - - -

Just talked to KB Tech Support and the guy was very familiar with these blowers. Not all bigger KBs had a bypass. If the kit was ordered with options (Blowzilla or Flowzilla) they had a bypass valve installed from KB.
The way to tell the actual displacement is by the serial number on the side of the bearing plate. A 2.2 serial will start with 422, a 1.5 will start with 3150, 1.7 with a 417, 1.8 with a 418, etc... I'll have to check my serial number after work today.
The difference in the decal #'s on the front of the blowers for the TS 3000 series (TS3000-6 vs. TS3000-8) is the pulley size (PSI) with the kit. A 3000-5 has 2 and 3/4 inch pulley, 3000-6 has 2 and 5/8, 3000-8 has 2 and 1/2.

so without the bypass, this blower is basically feeding boost all the time correct?
Only when you hammer the throttle. Normal cruising she's pulling vacuum on the vac/boost gauge just like a N/A rig. Check out the vid showing the gauges, it shows before and after I roll into the throttle.

I'm very interested. I'm picking up a lightning in the next couple weeks and want to put a blower on it.

Aside from what you're including, what else would I need to purchase to run this on my truck assuming it will be stock?

- - - Updated - - -

Well I'm bummed. I'm still at work but had Momma go out to the shop to read me the serial number and it starts with 3150, meaning this is definitely the smaller (1.5L) blower.

It's a great blower, just like Corey (my94lightning) says in his post above, I'm just not sure where to price it now and will need to research and/or ask some peeps.

I'm very interested. I'm picking up a lightning in the next couple weeks and want to put a blower on it.

Aside from what you're including, what else would I need to purchase to run this on my truck assuming it will be stock?

This is all you need to put it on a Gen1 Lightning

- - - Updated - - -

This is all you need to put it on a Gen1 Lightning

I'm asking $1800 plus shipping. I have a couple guys who pm'd and I gave that price. Waiting on an answer from first in line.

interested

hi i'm interested in this super charger. please email or call me if it is still available.

thanks
joe
btenieto@gmail.com

Kenne Bell 1.5L 8psi kit off my red '94 L. Blower ran like a top on this truck. Felt like a mild EFI bigblock with this blower, great for a daily driver. Instant boost and lots of bottom end, 7psi as soon as you hit the throttle. Here are a few vids of it last week, this is on a stock motor with Bassani catback and a Punisher street valvebody:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lYs3hD5EUY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgHRDjKLSn4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_Dzp4RMogc

I have the original receipts for the blower kit from March, 1999. My truck has 72k miles on it now. The best estimate I can make on blower mileage is based on the carfax report showing the truck had 37k miles in 1997, so the absolute MAX the blower could have is 35k. Truck was first titled in December, 1994, and was seeing 10k a year for the first few years. The carfax is weird and stops reporting mileage after 1997, so that's the best info I can provide on mileage. It probably has more like 20-25k based on the truck getting lots of miles early in it's life, but I can't prove that, so...........whatever. It's in great shape, spins freely, with no noises.

Kit includes Kenne Bell TS3000-8 (1.5L) supercharger, pulley tool and smaller pulley, Crane TRC-1 timing retard, Kenne Bell Boost-a-Pump, Kenne Bell FMU, coil relocation bracket with MSD Streetfire TFI coil, 90 degree water neck and upper radiator hose (stock would hit the belt..), 2 serpentine belts, set of "one range cooler" spark plugs gapped at .035, mounting hardware, and printed instructions for TRC-1 and Boost-a-Pump installation.

The pulley tool and smaller pulley came with the truck, not sure what size pulley or how much boost it would make. See pics for size comparison.

I took a lot of pics before and during removal and can email them to the next owner. Can also help with any install questions.

Asking $1800 plus the ride.

As an option, I would also sell the matching Kenne Bell boost and fuel pressure gauges in the 2-gauge pillar pod, but would need an unmolested light gray a-pillar along with a few more $$.[/QUOTE]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back