June 2006 Gen 1 TOTM - Congratulations to Justin "Justin 95L" Embrey! (NLOC #829)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NLOC

BBM
I Support the NLOC
June 2006 Gen 1 Truck Of The Month - Congratulations Justin "Justin95L" Embry! (NLOC #829)

Both Gen 1 moderators quickly and unanimously chose Justin 95L for the June TOTM ! An easy choice since Justin is currently the quickest active Lightning within the NLOC community having set his new low E.T. at WFC 9 ! Let’s get right to it and learn a little more about Justin and his Lightning…

wfc2006_006_Small_.jpg

Question # 1: What sparked your interest in the Ford Lightning?

I saw a brand new red 1993 Lightning on the show room floor when my dad was buying a new truck in 1993. I wanted one since I saw that one.

Picture_132_Small_.jpg

Question # 2: What modifications have you made to your truck since you have owned it...both show and go?

Just about every thing you can think of has been modified at one point or another. It currently has a 4-link rear and an AJE front-end kit. My truck still has stock frame front to back. The transmission is an Art Carr C6, the motor is a 370ci motorsport W block with tfs-r heads and a Procharger F2 supercharger.

Picture_125_Small_.jpg

Question # 3: Tell us about yourself, your hobbies, business or work, sports, family, etc.

I am a technician at Cable VW in Oklahoma City. My hobby is racing and working on cars

24267-99-1192.jpg

Justin (left) at work ? Nope just pursuing his “hobby” !​

Question # 4: How long have you been a user of the NLOC.net and when did you become an NLOC member?

I have been on the board for about 6 years and been a member for about 5

Question # 5: Why did you pick your board user name (screen name)?

I changed it after I had been to a couple of events to my name and truck year so it would be easier at events for everyone to remember my name

Question 6: What are your plans for future changes to your truck?

Not too many changes or plans. Hoping to just race it and make a few tweeks here and there.

DSC07856_Small_.jpg

Question 7: Whom would you like to thank for help\donations\support for putting the truck together??

I WOULD like to thank my parents who gave me a place to work with my truck and not kicking me out of their shop, Jerry Skinner GJLS for helping all these years, Art Carr, Procharger, the NLOC and the people there.

Justin_Truck_Small_.jpg

Justin’s current best set at WFC 9 is a 1.31 60 foot, 8.51@160.5MPH

Congratulations to Justin Embry and his 1995 Ford Lightning for Gen 1 Truck of the Month, June 2006

A well deserved title of TOM... and a Gen 1 truck was my first love of these Lightnings. Very appropriate.

I wish I could stand in my engine bay....

could not have picked a more deserving truck imo!
seriously when I saw that truck in person I was floored, 'specially when I saw it run!
congrats!:clap:

Congrats Justin! Great looking and running truck! One of the pics should have been one of you "folding the laundry"... :D

Question # 5: Why did you pick your board user name (screen name)?

I changed it after I had been to a couple of events to my name and truck year so it would be easier at events for everyone to remember my name

Same thing I did!!!:bigtu:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back