January 2009 Gen 1 Truck Of The Month – Congrats Ron ("ski") Czaplewski (NLOC# 2221)

Status
Not open for further replies.

e9tac

January 2009 Gen 1 Truck Of The Month – Congratulations Ron ("ski") Czaplewski (NLOC# 2221).

This month's Gen 1 TOTM hails from the plains of Nebraska. Ron was fortunate to find an unmolested, low miler, Gen 1 to replace his totaled Gen 2. The question on all of our minds is...which do you like better, the Gen 1 or 2 :stirpot:? Thanks for being a part of the Lightning community and congrats on being January's Truck of The Month!

1. What sparked your interest in the Ford Lightning?

I've always been a Ford guy and liked the Lightning, but never really thought about getting one. I was looking to buy a Mustang GT and a local Chevy dealer had a black '99 Lightning on the lot. I decided to test drive the truck and realized that I wanted nothing more than to own a Lightning…six months later, I bought a black '03.

IMG_3867.JPG

2. Do you have any interesting stories about previously owned vehicles, before becoming a Lightning owner?

Does riding on the hood of a car going 70 count?

IMG_18581.JPG

3. What modifications have you made to your truck since you have owned it...both show and go?

Go:
Pullies
shift kit
drag radials

Show:
'01 L wheels
And more importantly I waxed the left front fender, lol.

IMG_3863.JPG

IMG_3876.JPG

4. Do you have any interesting stories about your Lightning?

My wife, Denise, who was four months pregnant, and I were driving home from our friend's house, when we were met nearly head on by a drunk driver which totaled my '03 L. Denise and our baby were fine, but I broke a rib and my right hand. Five months later, we were in the process of buying a house and getting ready to have a baby.
Just before dinner one night, I was talking to Denise about getting another Lightning and when the time was right I would know. Five minutes later, a friend called to say he found a red '94 for sale. Less than a week later, I purchased my second Lightning.

IMG_2913.JPG

IMG_2923.JPG

IMG_3095-email.jpg

5. Tell us about yourself, your hobbies, business or work, sports, family, etc.

I live in Omaha, Nebraska, with my wife, Denise and our son, Ben. I install glass for Auto Glass Center and when I'm not doing Lightning stuff, I can usually be found at home with family or at Hobby Town. I'm quite the RC nut and even have a radio controlled Lightning. I am also a huge Husker football fan and I love odd ball Ford vehicles. I currently have three Mavericks.

IMG_3894.JPG

IMG_21491.JPG

6. How long have you been a user of the NLOC.net, when did you become an NLOC member, and why did you choose to become a member of NLOC?

I've been a member since September of '05. After I bought my '03 I received an issue of Hemmings Muscle Machines. In the magazine, there was an article about Lightning Fest and NLOC. I decided to check it out and I've been Lightning crazy ever since.

IMG_3877.JPG

IMG_3864.JPG

7. What suggestions do you have to make the NLOC.net website easier to use and navigate?

Nothing. It's great.

IMG_3868.JPG

8. Why did you pick your board user name (screen name)?

Everything I was picking was already taken so I used the last three letters of my last name.

IMG_3504.JPG

9. What are your plans for future changes to your truck?

Currently I have a Vortech T-trim, JLP bars, Flowmasters, and a lowering kit waiting for me to install. I would also like to get a center seat, clear headlights, roll pan, upgraded brakes, full exhaust, HO cam, heads, and a converter or five speed swap.

IMG_3862.JPG

10. This is where you link favorite websites, your website, family pictures and add any other comments.

I would like to thank my family and friends, especially Denise, for putting up with my severe Lightning addiction; Lance, for helping me work on the truck and for added direction; my Omaha Lightning buddies for the late nights at the track; NLOC for being there when I needed help, or just a new part; and Neil for helping me give new life to my '03 which could have just went to the junkyard in the sky.

IMG_3488.JPG

Congratulations to Ron and his 1994 Red Gen 1 Truck of the Month, January 2009!

IMG_3871.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats, Ron. It was great getting to know you and your mom at Lfest 6. I cant wait for the next gathering of L's to see ya again. :thumbup:

Side note, Crimson 94's are sweet.
And Ron is one mean "ice-cooler" race driver. :cool:

Congrats Ron! It was good to meet you at LightningFest!

Nice family you got there, and I bet the boy loves sitting in the Lightning!

Holy cow!!!

Ron way to go man. :eek:ldtu: CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It looks amazing. I hope one day I can be the truck of the month.... I just need the truck. :sigh: Ta Ta keep in touch.

Jennifer

A GREAT BIG CONGRATS Ron ! Remember first meetin' ya in '06 on the way to L Fest. Really good to see your truck featured as it's a VERY clean truck in great shape. 'Course like any good Lightning owner you have parts just waitin' to get tossed on the truck to make it a little quicker.

Say hi to Denise for us and make sure young Ben gets the feel of a wrench sooner than later !

Scott & Jean

Truck look great with the 01 style wheels Congrats man good luck in the add on department , In no time you will enjoy all the HP with the T-Trim:eek:ldtu:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back