Is $150 good for a tube bumper?

M

MO Lightning

There's a guy on the site that will sell me a tube bumper in decent shape for $150 plus shipping. I would have to still get a hitch on the truck so I was thinking about a roll pan. It's $100 from Summit. Do you think I can get it painted for $50-$75? If so, I will probably go that route. I want to get my tailgate redone and probably the front bumper and valance panel. I need to hook up with someone to do some of this paint work, too.

------------------
Brendon Hale
scatter.gif
Black 94L #620 14.97 @89.34 mph
71 Maverick 302, C-4(sold)

brendan-i bought a new tail gate$180 from a local body shop & had them paint it & my summit roll pan($96)it cost me $600+for them paint & install them-then i bought a hiden hitch from belltech for $187-so you can see its not cheap to change over to that good smooooooth look of roll pan & still be able to tow

------------------
Dave BLK 93 #2757
NLOC #521
burnout.gif

Brendon the tube bumper is not painted from Ford, it has a color coating on it. It is kinda like a powdercoating but it is not like the normal coating I has worked with. It will need to be stripped to get a good paint job on it. Donald and I are going to get the tube bumpers that we have powdercoated instead of paint because of the rock chips that they get so bad on the ends. Ken Coats did the powdercoating work on my Rancho Torque Bars, the did the bars white and the brackets black for $40. All I had to do was strip the bars. If you want we are sending the bumpers out to get stripped and then powdercoated so you can just include yours when we do ours. I have not talked to Ken yet but I think if we take then in at the same time he might be able to cut us a price. I would guess total price for stripping and coating will be $100-$125. Hope this helps.

Oh the front chin spoiler is flexable plastic so it is a pain to strip and paint. You can get one from Ford brand new and already painted for $200. Labor on the strip time and painting will cost close to that. Because it have to hand sanded or chemical stripped to get the old paint off. If you leave the old paint on it because is so flexable that the paint will crack in time. Also it will have to have a lot of flex added to the paint, to keep the paint from cracking anyway.

------------------
Shawn
NLOC #387
Team Powerdyne
White 94 #2703
ff5658b4.jpg.thumb.jpg

[This message has been edited by RhinoRacn (edited 11-23-2000).]

Powder coating the front bumper sounds good. The price sounds cheap, too. There's another guy wanting to sell a tube bumper, so I don't know what I am going to do.

------------------
Brendon Hale
scatter.gif
Black 94L #620 14.97 @89.34 mph
71 Maverick 302, C-4(sold)

Back