Irs

Rippin_01

An AMERICAN
Hey stan how is that comming along? have you made all the modifications to it aht you wanted to so far;) :D well just board and was wondering:w let us know when you get it up and running:tu: cause ive held off on buying any other suspention parts sense i heard you were doing this. still havent got the damn panhard bar in but i finally got all the tools to do it with:h

well keep it up

Mark

Just got it in, had to surface grind a pin and get it reheat treated.Have the pump for the rear diff and the cooler Everything is welded in as far as the cooler fitting are concerned.Its aligned and ride height set and corner weights.Some where I LOST 100 lbs from the last time I scaled it.AND I added a cage since then.corner weights are with 175 of me in the seat.
LF,1373
RF,1344
LR,1014
RR,1009
All of that is also with 20 gal of fuel.Stan

I got most of what you said;) :D so is the cooler for the diff or what? are the corner wights that you came up with good in a sense i have no clue:confused: so you are pleased with the install and unit so far right? i cant wait to find out what its like when you get ti on the track:eek: :tu: well good luck and keep me informed on this. im very very interested. when its all said and done i might have to talk to you about seting up some wrench time with you. keep up the good work stan hope all goes well.

silver bolt the IRS unit is an 8.8 im sure. lots more options:eek:
im sure the brakes wont stay the same for long with stan;t :tu:

yes it uses a caliper off of a mustang[I think] that has the lever and bracket on it.Need to find the cables but no hurry on that.I also had to correct the driveshaft angle it was off 3 degrees.Plus some other little things that all take a HUGE amount of time.The cooler and the vent system will go on tomorrow then I go to Hallet for a few practice sessions on Sunday and play with the big boys.But won't race don't want to tear anything up being this close to the Nevada event.Plus the trans will only have maybe 50 miles on it.Stan

quick responce:cool: well ill be looking for the results. i htink up a few more questions and post later. agian thanks stan

hey stan now that youve had some time to get into it alittle i was wondering would you recommend this for a street drivin lightning? i would love to race more but i live were there isnt much of that going on but i do like to hit the curvy mountian roads at high speeds:D also how do you think this thing would do on a straight launch i.e. dragracing? do you think it would make the truck loose alot of grip with the suspintion flexing causeing the tires to loose the contact patch for traction? jsut wondering and i know that you dont like to drag race and dont take part in that but what would you say? sort of like " the theory that i have is....." that sort of thing. thanks stan

ok im just going to swamp you with questions;k have you ever thought about making subframe connectors like the mustangs have? would this help at all to make the frame more rigid?

also do you have any drive shaft loops made at this point in time? thanks :ae: ;w

I can answer on of those q's

Subframe connectors are only possible when you have subframes. In a full frame truck like a Lightning, to my knowledge, you can only stiffen the existing frame via boxing te open sections, or adding a full cage. I would say his cage does the job pretty well, but I dont know if it ties in with the frame in the front suspension area or not, or if that is even needed.
l8r
:tu:

Sub frame connectors are for a vehicle without a frame.So we are in no need of them.As for loops yes I have them ready to shipbut you paint them the color that you want they will show up at your door in bare metal.Stan
Price is 60 bucks.
Will be out of computer range next week to compete in the May SilverState.Hope that this does not cause problems.:confused:

ok thanks so if you want to make the frame more rigid then you can box the frame. would this really help at all on or of the track?

hey stan now that youve had some time to get into it alittle i was wondering would you recommend this for a street drivin lightning? Also how do you think this thing would do on a straight launch i.e. dragracing? do you think it would make the truck loose alot of grip with the suspintion flexing causeing the tires to loose the contact patch for traction? jsut wondering and i know that you dont like to drag race and dont take part in that but what would you say? sort of like " the theory that i have is....." that sort of thing. thanks stan

Street dirving the IRS unit would be fine,but so is the solid axle.Where it shows its colors are on the track do to the huge adjustablity you can do about anything and change the handling.But you would need someone that knows how to set one up to take full advantage of it and I am still in the learning curve of it..Like I said before the big advatage to it is you have almost unlimited gears and diffs for the selection. As for drag racing you can but you have a lot of moving driveline pieces that would exspand the possiblities of breaking.Stan

thanks stan. some day when i finally get out of school ill have to compete in a few track events. just wondering are you planning on going to any big races or events in the phoenix, AZ area or close by. id love to see the truck and it on the track. thanks a ton you are very helpful.

agian Mark;d

Back