IRP TNT tonight

if i wasnt broke i would head up there. i am coming up friday for carb day at the track. if anyone isnt busy, join in. i really wanna see the pit stop competition.

oh btw, does anyone have any idea how i could get two pit badges for friday. i want to take my girlfriend and show her the pits and stuff.

One thing After Another

Well went to the track with the new tires for the first time tonight. It helped alot with the wheel hop, or so it seems. Hopped some a couple of times but not nearly like I had before. Still needs some work. Bogged a lot...I bogged ALOT!

The other bad thing is I missed 4 shifts...first time ever doing this with this car.

I missed 2nd twice and 3rd twice and of course got the lovely grind, buzz, etc.

I also have one other thing that bothers me alot, on top of the tranny.

I bounced off the damn rev limiter probably 7 times in the night.

I know one time was because I tried to finish the 1/4 in 3rd and not go into 4th. Another couple of times was in the burn out box when the tires broke loose I bounced off the limiter a couple of times. And then there were several other occasions I did it as well.

I am getting pretty discouraged with this, launch, gears, limiter. Can't seem to get them all right in one run.

My best was a 13.3x at 107.xx and a 2.0x 60'.

The engine seems to sound ok on the way home, or the exhaust did anyways I can't hear much over the borla.

What do you guys think? Last time I was worried about the wheel hop, now I am concerned about the motor and tranny....

Like I said one thing after another. I think she may stray away from the track for a while. Its more nerve racking for me later on after I do all this stuff.

Phil, I told your support crew that maybe you should focus on the truck for a while. I think you're mentally taking yourself out of the game with the Cobra. The whole process from burnout to tripping the lights at the big end has to get second nature and I think you're overthinking everything right now.

Go out and focus on one part - get the burnout right, get the launch right, get the shifts down the track right... don't put so much pressure on yourself to get it all right at once.

Why are you worried about the motor? Because of the rev limiter If so, pfffffffffffffffffffffffffft - that motor can take WAY more revs than it's allowed by the computer.

yea man that cobra has a built motor, it will be fine. ive taken my stock longblocked lightning way past what the tach reads on more than a few occasions. the engine will be fine.

i like jeffs idea about racing the truck first. it will be a better teaching aid than a stick car. especially since your a relative new comer to racing.

just dont think too much, your heads getting in the way.

Back