Intermediate Pipes

LW93Rcode

Hey Dave, I was just wondering if you still make the intermediate(the straight pipe and s-pipe between the collector and catback) pipes without the twisters and how much you'd want for them? I'm just curious to how much louder it'd be.

Hi LW,

It would be a lot louder! The problem with making a set is that I'm not sure I could do it and have it fit right without either you sending the pipes back to me or have you take some measurements... When I did your system it was built off my truck and it didn't do things exactly the same system to system plus your system is a one of a kind... I now have a jig built so the headers and mid pipes are the same or very close to it system to system... I suggest if you want it louder to install your blower again and you be shocked at just how much louder it would be! I have documented this several times... unhook the blower belt and its nice and mellow... Hook the blower belt back up and it like you woke a sleeping giant! More power = more noise ;) The P-30-ST side exit I build sounds absolutely raw and nasty on my truck and I built one for a local guy and I warned him that it be very loud and powerful to the point of where he might not like it to drive around all the time... To my surprise when I fired the truck up it was fairly mellow... His truck was 100 % stock until my exhaust was installed and it seemed to pick up huge amounts of power too! I have found that people are much more impressed with a truck that's quiet and fast as opposed to loud and fast or worse yet loud and slow... Nothing I hate worse than a some stripped out drag car with open headers running 14's... What a joke! Anyway's if you really want to me to build you a set of mid-pipes without the Twisters I would have no problem making them for you just as long I can figure out how to do it right the first time... i.e. I would need you to take a few measurements...

TTYL,
Dave

Nah, I just have a friend thats begging me to try it with just the flows, so if it was something easy I would have tried it. I think it would sound similar with or without them, just a higher level. I actually like the twisters. When I'm cruising at 50MPH around 2500 rpm its so quiet. I must be getting older:eek:

Yep, I know that it still raises some hell when your on it too! ;) I don't think your buddy has "your" best interests in mind... Sounds like a real troulble maker into scaring old women and stuff like that... ;t

Back