Inspection Sticker

02masslightning

I was just wondering if anybody knew of anywhere in the Billerica or Waltham area that will give inspection stickers to anyone. I know with the 5% tint and no front plate they could fail me. Everything else should pass. I used to take it to Waltham ford but now that they are out of business I’m not sure where to go. Thanks for the help.:help:

I zip tied my front plate on. The tint you should be able to get away with, my windows are tinted. I go to Bonnell in winchester.

pretty soon you guys are all gonna have to perminantly mount the plates. all the shops that are doing it like that, inlcuding mine, are going to come under fire and big fines. there passing a mandate that the plate must be secured using the factory bracket and solidly mounted because of people zip tying them on. as far as the tint just get it stripped and put the legal stuff on and save yourself some trouble. they are getting so tight and so strict on the shops that everything is a fineable offense to us. its really getting bad. these guys that are passing cars that have obvious failures and incorrect equipment are playing with thier paycheck through fines and not only can their inspectors licenses be yanked but along with that goes the drivers license as well. its a f*cked up rule but it is the rule since its all through the registry

I ended up going over to Bonnell. As soon as asked for an inspection sticker the first thing they asked me was if i had the front license plate on (I had it zip tied on) I told them yes and they took it in. I had both windows rolled down completely figuring it would be fine since it was a warm day. About 10 min later they came back and asked if I wanted a reject sticker or if they wanted me to leave it with the expired sticker. He ended up rolling up the windows and checking the tint and since it was 5% there was no way he would pass me. I told him to keep it the way it was. Bonnell told me it was a 20,000 fine for passing an illegal car, not sure if there is any truth to that. A couple days later I went to another place in Chelmsford. Same deal with the windows down and the plate still on and he ended up passing me. So to make a long story short it wasn’t as easy to just zip tie the plate and roll the windows down. I’m starting to think its not even worth it anymore. Oh well at least its good for another year.

Is anyone from NewHampshire area!

Just moved to manchester andim looking for the local SVT crowed

Steve

P.S im a service advisor at AUTOFAIR FORD in Manchester

Last edited:
Back