Im new....Where is everyone?

N

NTBen342

I am new to the lighting scene. I just purchased it last week. Its a black '94 lightning with K&N and flowmasters. It got to hard driving a 10 sec mustang everyday and working on it at the same time, so i got a truck. And I figured if I was going to get a truck it would be lightning, so here I am. I live in the D/FW area and I think it would be cool to go to some local truck events and gatherings. Let me know whats going on. I will try to keep posted to the board.

Ben

------------------
94 SVT Lightning
10 sec. 89 Mustang

welcome dude. you have happened upon a fledgling operation in need of more fledglings, or somethin like that anyways...

------------------
...if i stop runnin' the evil little clowns will get me...

I haven't been to the Kennedale track, but I understand it is an 1/8 mile. When in January does it open? I live north of The Colony. We are looking for an excuse to have a get together in January, maybe Kennedale will work. You can be a fledgling TALON if you want to.... or something. Right now you don't have to do anything to be one. I am working on a super-secret handshake, but my hands don't fit together and my wife won't help me out.
biggrin.gif

I am pretty sure in opens this weekend!!

Oh yea...and it is eigth mile. Actually is called "Texas Raceway".

Welcome NT
I'm not sure on which track is Kenndale. Is it the 1/8 north of the Loves in Denton? If so, I'm game for a trip any time.
Later
Will M.

Denton is North Texas Dragway. it is now open. their official season dosent open/start until March (as sixpipes stated), but there is test and tunes etc every weekend until then. 1800-2300 fri and sat. thats 6-11pm for you civilian minded...

------------------

The Traction Sucks at the track at Denton. Worse than TMP in my opinion

BUT Since I am jonesing for a race I will likely go anywhere, traction or not.

Doug

[This message has been edited by Silver_2000_:)! (edited 01-05-2001).]

I have never had problems with traction at the Denton track. I cut consistent 1.51 60fts with 26 by 11.5 ET Streets. The Denton track is too narrow and short.

I would rather head down to Kennedale. It is a much much better track.

------------------
94 SVT Lightning
10 sec. 89 Mustang

[This message has been edited by NTBen342 (edited 01-08-2001).]

NTBen342 -

Let's pick a date for Kennedale. Wednesday might be a possibility, but the weekend would be much more convenient for everyone. I e-mailed the track, but they have not responded to my inquiry regarding the 2001 Test & Tune schedule.

NTBen342

A few weeks ago I was there with Sixpipes and Friend of mine with All wheel drive Audi S4. Even the Audi had trouble hooking. I drive street tires mostly, unless Sixpipes loans me his extra tires. All the Gen 2's I have seen Jones for more traction, but Denton track is especially bad in my experience.

Doug

[This message has been edited by Silver_2000_:)! (edited 01-10-2001).]

when i was stock tires, stock air psi, with just filter and flowmasters, i could tag 2.0-2.1 60's every time...9.6-9.7 times at the "big" end...Denton has always been nice to me.
biggrin.gif

------------------

[This message has been edited by Muddmann (edited 01-11-2001).]

I need to run 1.9 or so to get good ET's. I can easily run in the 8's on the 1/8th mile strip. The test and tune mights we have been there they just havent taken good care of the strip.

Doug

Back