im done (for now)

GT347SC

Well i took a week of vacation this week and got alot done. The main thing was to finish off the supercab clone. Some may remember that i took a 93 and parted it out keeping the L parts. I got the motor swap done almost a year ago and it has run great (considering my 3.08 rear) but i had mix match body parts on the front. My truck had a crome front end on it so that all found a new home and i had the stuff to paint but never had time to, untill now. The color is a love it or hate it color and when i got the truck i hated it but now i love it. The only thing now is to get the L rear end powercoated and in the truck. Hopefully i will get that done in the coming weeks. Between the clone and maintence on my svt contour i have run out of time.

truck.jpg

I have no problem with the color Combo.These 2 colors go great together but look terrible by themselves.Your truck looks great.I would've loved to put a Lightning drivetrain in mine.
000_1589.jpg

Did you have to replace anything on the motor? I'm still kicking myself for sellin' her. Nice job on the conversion, and the rims look soooo much better without the white and runny clearcoat.

I put in a new oil pump, new oil pan gasket (of course), new rear main and trans front pump seal. Other than that the drivetrain is exactly as it was in your truck---dont laugh---right down to the belt and hoses. I used it all. I have a new rediator and hoses to put in but untill they start leaking i wont bother. I only got those parts because i swaped out stuff from work. The lower valance is even yours.

Some will flame me for it but i put a sticker on the front bumper with the l's truck number on it. I figured since i parted it out and know it can never come back ( i still have the title) no one will ever be able to say they own that truck again.

Your unfortunate accident helped my dream come true. THANKS

Last edited:
I always wanted to put those numbers on it also!
Wow, I'm surprised the radiator made it, but hey "if it ain't broke don't fix it". If I remember correctly the belt was pretty much brand new, along with the plugs and wires.
Again nice job on the conversion and watch out for wet roads/slick tires!

Sweet truck!! Now that something you dont see everyday!! What kind of front bumper is that with the square holes in it?? Looks cool !!! :drool: Great job!!:heart:

Last edited:
Sweet truck!! Now that something you dont see everyday!! What kind of front bumper is that with the square holes in it?? Looks cool !!! :drool: Great job!!:heart:

That's the bumper that Ford put on their PowerStroke Diesel trucks of the same body style.

That is the Power Stroke Diesel (PSD) bumper. It was also used on the Eddie Bauer Edditions. They were always chrome though. You can get them from LMC Truck in a paintable version.

Thanks for all the positive feedback from everyone. I have enjoyed this project. Now it is time to get my 92 Mustang back on the road.

Frank you beat me to it...

Back