Ignition or tune 5400rpm "limit"

Required

Paid NLOC Member
I Support the NLOC
I ran another 2nd-3rd WOT pull this morning (gas pedal all the way down this time) to do a post intercooler + airbox compare and at the top end 5400rpm it felt like a rev limiter was hitting. 5400-5100, 5400,5100. right at 105-106mph. I'm running all stock ignition right now down to the coil. I have a 6AL and a MSD coil I removed when I installed the ECU to simplify things. I gained 2mph in the 1/8 and 1/4, but it is HOT here and my baseline was 70* morning.

It looks like maybe I'm out of coil? Time to upgrade back to MSD and coil?
Autolite 3923s gapped at .029

Think I'm on the right track here?

Thanks in advance, you guys have been a great guide through all this. This forum has value you can't find in the other places.

attached tune and log.

Attachments

• nloc.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 1
Unlikely the coil. MSD is along for the ride at that RPM.

Try closing the gap but that kind of behavior sounds like a limiter to me. Any of the ignition problems will show up as an erratic misfire.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk

Unlikely the coil. MSD is along for the ride at that RPM.

Try closing the gap but that kind of behavior sounds like a limiter to me. Any of the ignition problems will show up as an erratic misfire.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk
It feels like a limiter, it isn't harsh just kinda bounces like the factory speed limiter. I have Overboost spark cut enabled @198kPA with a 25kPa hist but I'm only sending 170kPA. Revlimit is up into 5600 with a 250rpm soft limit. Is that probably kicking in?

It feels like a limiter, it isn't harsh just kinda bounces like the factory speed limiter. I have Overboost spark cut enabled @198kPA with a 25kPa hist but I'm only sending 170kPA. Revlimit is up into 5600 with a 250rpm soft limit. Is that probably kicking in?
Yes that is it... Raise limiter up to like 6500 with maybe a 400 rpm soft limit.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Ah yeah, going to be turning some more RPM soon! Thanks to all the input from you guys.

It ran 106mph 1/4 today with a lame 60ft and rev limited short shifts. Didn’t blow up yet, so I’ll keep trying to go faster.

Back